Just a little update on us

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kristi F., Feb 20, 2008.

1. Kristi F.

Kristi F. Well-Known Member

Sorry I have not kept you guys updated. Life happens, I guess. :lol:

Well, the girls will be 3 in May :icon_eek: I still can't believe it. They are getting so big.

They are still eating baby food as they have not grasped the concept of "table food." They are getting Speech and OT so hopefully that will improve with time. Audrey can eat 2 jars of Stage 3 foods at one sitting. She is such a little pig. She does love mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes too. She is still on her hormone growth shot that she has been on since December 2006. She has grown from 24 inches to 31 inches since being on it. The doctor is very pleased with her progress.

Emily has actually regressed since having her last seizure May 2006. She is improving but she is taking a bit longer than we hoped. Luckily, **knock on wood** we are still not having any problems with her shunt. I am very thankful for that.

Neither of them are walking yet but scoot EVERYWHERE. Audrey is finally bearing weight on her legs and has learned to sit for a while by herself. Audrey enjoys climbing directly on top of Emily. :laughing: Emily is not as crazy about it though. They were officially given the Cerebral Palsy diagnosis. :( Emily also has Epilepsy. Luckily her seizures are controlled with medication.

Well, I guess that is about it. They are just so lovable :D

I am attaching some current pictures of them. Audrey is in the first pic and Emily in the second.

Attached Files:

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Kristi, thank you for posting an update!!!

I think about you guys from time to time and wonder how the girls are!! :wub: They are SO LOVABLE!! I love hearing of their progress!

I'm sorry to hear about the official diagnosis, but with the love of their incredible Mommy and family they are going to be forces to be reckoned with!!! :love0028:

I do wish we had you around here more, though!! :hug99:

3. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

They are positively darling.

4. Kristamommy

Kristamommy Well-Known Member

Your daughters are true miracles and are beautiful. You are a wonderful mommy and they are both blessed to have you!

5. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

butting in...

They look so sweet and lovable, you sound incredibly strong and they seem to be thriving from it. ;)

butting out...

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are going well Kristi! The girls look awesome!

7. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

That is a lovely montage, Your girls are truely gorgeous. x

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thanks so much for updating us Kristi! I just think your girls are so adorable, they always have the sweetest expressions in your pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but I'm sure with the help of their wonderful mom they will do beautifully.

I think about your girls from time to time and miss seeing them grow up. Come back more often!

9. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

What a courageous and strong family you have. The girls are such a blessing and have come so far! Keep up the good work

10. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kristi - Your girls are beautiful!!! Emily looks like a little princess in that photo, and so grown up!!! Audrey is so adorable, that little face is just too sweet!! I know the official diagnosis must have been hard, you are such a wonderful mommy I bet they will thrive!!
    Thanks for the update, I look for your posts to see how you are doing!!! How is your older son doing, I bet he is getting big too!!!

11. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

They are just adorable! :wub:

As good a mommy as you are, they will do just fine! :hug99:

12. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kristamommy @ Feb 21 2008, 01:17 AM) [snapback]632803[/snapback]
    Your daughters are true miracles and are beautiful. You are a wonderful mommy and they are both blessed to have you!

I completely agree and couldn't have said it better myself.

13. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

Your girls are very sweet and are truly blessed to have a mom like you!

14. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you, Kristi.

I am sorry to hear the 'official' diagnosis, but know that you will all make the most of it.

Sounds like they are progressing well where/when they can. Thanks again for sharing!

15. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Kristi, they sure are gowing up- thanks for the update. Such cuties! :wub:

16. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

They are absolutely precious!! :wub: :wub: Thanks so much for coming in to give us an update. :hug99:

17. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gatormommy @ Feb 21 2008, 09:20 AM) [snapback]633019[/snapback]
    What a courageous and strong family you have. The girls are such a blessing and have come so far!

Couldn't agree more! The girls are such beauties! :wub:

18. momoftwingirls2005

momoftwingirls2005 Well-Known Member

You are a wonderful mom, and the girls are truly blessed to have you. Keep being strong for them, and you. They are so beautiful, and precious.

19. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Kristi, THREE YEARS OLD!!! Wow, where has the time gone???

What adorable pics, they are so big.
    Boy it sounds like you have been very busy. Having the official diagnosis must be hard but you are such a champion for those girls, you and they are truely blessed.
    Thanks for updating us!

20. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OH they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! and WOW!! where has the time gone???

21. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kristi F. @ Feb 20 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]632352[/snapback]
    Sorry I have not kept you guys updated. Life happens, I guess. :lol:

Well, the girls will be 3 in May :icon_eek: I still can't believe it. They are getting so big.

They are still eating baby food as they have not grasped the concept of "table food." They are getting Speech and OT so hopefully that will improve with time. Audrey can eat 2 jars of Stage 3 foods at one sitting. She is such a little pig. She does love mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes too. She is still on her hormone growth shot that she has been on since December 2006. She has grown from 24 inches to 31 inches since being on it. The doctor is very pleased with her progress.

Emily has actually regressed since having her last seizure May 2006. She is improving but she is taking a bit longer than we hoped. Luckily, **knock on wood** we are still not having any problems with her shunt. I am very thankful for that.

Neither of them are walking yet but scoot EVERYWHERE. Audrey is finally bearing weight on her legs and has learned to sit for a while by herself. Audrey enjoys climbing directly on top of Emily. :laughing: Emily is not as crazy about it though. They were officially given the Cerebral Palsy diagnosis. :( Emily also has Epilepsy. Luckily her seizures are controlled with medication.

Well, I guess that is about it. They are just so lovable :D

I am attaching some current pictures of them. Audrey is in the first pic and Emily in the second.

Poor little girls to have cerebral palsy, i know how u feel. My twin and I were 16 weeks premature, and I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at 2 years old. And my twin Alisha was diagonsed with Asmatha. Thank goodness I'm not to bad and i dont have Epilepsy. If you need any support feel free to ask me. Im also waiting for another Op soon :(... all the best to your beautiful twins.. being a twin is so special, you are truly blessed. Hope to talk soon.

Tamara & Alisha