Just curious?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by seamusnicholas, Jul 18, 2008.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am outside and my boys are in their baby pool and I was just wondering something. I ran out of disposable swim diapers so they are playing in the pool without a diaper. They will be two next week. I do have a fence but you can still see through it and I know all my neighbors very well so they know I am not crazy! Do you ever let your kids play outside in the pool naked? If so, until what age.

2. knorts

knorts Well-Known Member

I would let them in there naked if in your position...JMO. Have fun in the pool!

3. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Oh goodness yes. No big deal here.

We have our little pool on our deck and we have often come home and the kids (young ones) have stripped to underwear or naked if they were in diapers and played around.

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

mine don't play in the pool naked, but at that age I don't think anyone would think anything bad about it.
    Their still babies!

5. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Yes, they splash naked sometimes because I don't feel like finding a swimsuit for them.

6. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Yep, we go naked occasionally here too. Well them, not me! I also let them pee in the grass, but they know that's a thing we only do at home. It's just much easier than having to go in the house all wet or deal with the little potty.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Mine are naked some of the time too.

8. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Nicole,
    Mine go naked sometime too. Those swimmers are so expensive. We just have to watch for "accidents' but other than that, let em play!

9. rensejk

rensejk Well-Known Member

In our backyard pool, they're always naked. Saves money and dipes. Probably next year too? But maybe not the year they turn 3.

10. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Mine didn't, but I only used the swim diapers at the public pool or at someone's house pool. So they wore bathing suits, just no diapers.

11. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Did you know those disposable swim diapers are washable reusable (assuming they weren't pooped in)? I don't put mine in the dryer, but I can get 3 or 4 washings (sometimes 5) out of mine. They hold their shape well too.

But to answer your question, yes...we do have naked water time. We keep it to the fenced backyard, though.

12. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Jul 18 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]883766[/snapback]
    Did you know those disposable swim diapers are washable reusable (assuming they weren't pooped in)? I don't put mine in the dryer, but I can get 3 or 4 washings (sometimes 5) out of mine. They hold their shape well too.

But to answer your question, yes...we do have naked water time. We keep it to the fenced backyard, though.

WOW!! Very interesting! I have never heard that before! I will try that next time I buy them.

13. Username

Username Well-Known Member

Almost always naked.

14. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If you can't swim naked when you are 2, when can you do it?! ;)

15. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

LOL, Nicole, mine are naked outside right now. Seriously, front yard, back yard, where ever, they are naked. Granted, we live in the country. And on a gravel road (albeit a main one with alot of traffic, but I figure the cars are driving so fast they don't have time to realize the kids are naked, and if they do, they are long gone before they can see anything). But, I had a problem at the beginning of the summer. They were in the pool naked just a couple times, but then we had friends over and I put their suits on them. They thought they needed to be naked to get in the pool and Alex freaked out when I put him in with his swim pants on. He got over it, it was just a quick "oh no, I'm not supposed to do this" moment :laughing:

16. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

No, I live in a rowhome and I don't know the neighbors around the corner so I don't trust it. If I ran out I would just put their suit on without the swimmer.

17. Angie26

Angie26 Well-Known Member

Yes mine are naked a lot in the backyard. We have a huge inflatable pool with a slipper slide and they found they go faster when they are naked.. :icon_eek: We are going to need to put that to a stop real soon I am afraid. If we have company over they have their swimsuits on. I just find it is easier because we are in the middle of potty training.

18. Disney747

Disney747 Well-Known Member

We are naked alot in the back yard. We are working on potty training also, so I encourage the naked days. Most days they aren't even in the water and are naked. This year we do have a fenced in yard, but before this they were naked with all the neighbors to see. No big deal.

19. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tinalb @ Jul 18 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]883852[/snapback]
    If you can't swim naked when you are 2, when can you do it?! ;)

LOL not when you're 39 I tell ya :p

20. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I do bathing suits without swimmies a lot at home. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it if we had a fenced in yard or lived somewhere a little quieter. When we go to my mom's in a couple of weeks, I'm sure they will be nakie a lot there.

21. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't, we have had them naked long enough to dry them off quickly and put a towel around them and I do it where they aren't exposed too much.
    But we don't do swim diapers either. I just put them in their suit bare, as long as I know they are done pooping a lot and sporatically, lol.

22. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

no but I don't hesitate to strip the swim diaper off and wrap them in a towel to dry off and warm up - I have too many weird neighbors to let them nakie in the yard...at my moms I would but that would horrify my dad so no we don't

23. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Jul 18 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]883766[/snapback]

Really? WOW! I never in a million years would have thought to try and wash them! lol!

We have played naked, but not often. It was pretty funny one day when they were naked and they all took off towards the front of the house near the road. We are on a corner, so there is a stop sign. People were looking and pointing and laughing at me out there chasing 3 naked boys that thought it was too funny to run away from mommy! :rolleyes:

24. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Heck yeah, my grandson was swimming nakey last night and he loved it !

25. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Yup naked swim time as long as dd's friends are not over LOL.

Yup and i hang out the disposable swim dipes to dry too as long as they have not pooped or peed in them. With potty training their 3t swim trunks do not stay up well so its swim diapers even though they wear undies and no more diapers :p

26. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

Yes my guys go naked in the pool....no biggie.

27. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Mine swim in their underwear in the backyard, anyone who doesnt wear underwear, swims naked. :D You cant see through my fence though...

28. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

we live way out in the country - so yes naked is fine for the kids! my boys have even been known to strip to their boxers and jump in!!!

29. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

For sure! Lots of fun and extra adorable, too.

30. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

It has never occurred to me to let them play in the grass and dirt or swim completely naked. I guess it's just never been necessary? I don't see a problem with it I guess. We have changed out of our wet clothes in the backyard to wrap a towel around them but otherwise, that's probably as naked as they've been in public.

31. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Jul 18 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]883766[/snapback]

Very Interesting!... Ours are usually falling apart by the time they get out of the pool. But if they dont poop in them we rinse well and reuse if we can if they poop they go right ti the trash.

32. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

Yep i would llet mine go naked... We ive in the country my boy will know how to pee outside before inside... LOL>.. :)

33. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I did when they were little (like yours) but now, I make them have bottoms at a MINIMUM, but mostly they have to have their suits on. When they were in swim diapers they were allowed to be naked. :D It's my fear of creepy people that dictates this "rule"....

34. Soon2Bmotherof3

Soon2Bmotherof3 Well-Known Member

yep - naked here. You can see from my ticker, my kids are almost one and almost 3. I'll put bathing suits on them if there are other kids from the neighborhood around and will probably start making my son wear one all the time next summer. But for now he wants to be like his sisters so if they are naked he wants to be too.

35. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

We have naked baby swimmers here, too! Just extra sunscreen. And after dd got a UTI from wearing a swimsuit/swimming diaper for too long, I think it's better!