Just Moved....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ~Toni~, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ~Toni~

~Toni~ Member

We moved out of state recently, moved to AZ and have no friends! We had lots of family and friends at home. Our children have always been around friends and cousins. Now we have moved I our children have not been socializing with other children very often. I would like to meet some people in our area with children the same ages to have some play dates. Looking for any ideas to help me meet new friends. Its a lot harder than I thought it would be. I did try contacting a local twins group and never got a reply.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meetup.com might have a listing of some playdate groups in your area
    Also Mothers of Preschoolers (Mops) might have a group in your area.
    I would also see if your local library, or if you have a Barnes and Noble near by that might have a story time that you could take the kids to & meet some other parents & kids.

Good luck! Wishing you all the best in your new home!

1 person likes this.
  3. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I second Meetup.com. That's how I found our playgroup.

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

If you belong to a church, have a look at their bulletin board: Some churches have lots of offerings for families; we go to a church toddler playgroup for example. We also tend to meet lots of families at family liturgy or the special liturgy for small children.

Once the weather gets nicer look for a park with nice playgrounds; this usually opens up some opportunities for chat and playdates.

GL in your new home!