just needing a little reassurance...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kuchar, May 7, 2009.

1. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I spotted with all of my pregnancies, and when I was pregnant with the twins I would go on here all the time and let worried moms know light spotting, according to my doctor, was completely normal, but here I am panicking. I'm almost 6 weeks, singleton pregnancy, and noticed in the bathroom I'm spotting a little. Not a lot, no cramping, but enough to scare me. So if anyone could drop me a little note of comfort, I would really appreciate it. My stomach is in a ball, so I can't even tell if there is a little cramping, or just that nervous, sick feeling...

Thanks,
    Helen

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Helen! Sorry to hear that you are having spotting, but like you said it very well can be perfectly normal. I hope it goes away soon, and it may be worth putting a call into your OB tomorrow and see what he/she says. :hug:

3. soydalish

soydalish Active Member

With my singleton pregnancy I spotted starting at 4 weeks. It started off as a little and got progressively worse. I was so scared I was headed for another miscarriage (I had had a few before) and at one point was convinced it was over. I started bleeding full flow and all, but when I went in for my first u/s at 6 weeks, everything was just fine. The doctor said it was unclear what the bleeding was all about, but it definitely wasn't affecting the pregnancy or baby. So, as you probably well know, there are all kinds of reasons for bleeding in early pregnancy. And, in your case, it sounds like this is something your body just does in pregnancy. Nevertheless, I know how anxiety-inducing it can be. Hang in there. Hopefully you will get reassurance soon.

4. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

Hi, I was told not to panic if we see a little spotting around your time because that could very well be your body dumping the last bits of your period. ( I know that I did not use the correct terminology ) but something like that I was told. Try not to worry and consult your doctor for reassurance.My prayers are with you - but I believe you are fine- I understand those scary feelings.Remember your panicing might be stressing some of the blood out and like you said causing the knots in your stomach. Try to remain calm and have faith.

5. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

I spotted with the twins (thats how we found out)
    i also spotted with this pregnancy because of a low lying placenta (that has since corrected itself)
    if it worries you call your dr and get it checked out. it will put your mind at ease (((HUGS))) its always scary.

6. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: Hate to hear that you are spottting alittle.
    From what I understand too, it is very common to do during the first trimester.
    I would call the Dr and let them know what is going on.

Do Take Care & Keep us Posted,
    Nadana