Just venting about it getting rough

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kendraplus2, Nov 26, 2006.

1. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

OK, I remember reading posts from moms who were up there in pregnancy about how tough it was for them and how they couldn't take it anymore, and thinking how bad can it really be ...

Oh, man, now I know! Don't get me wrong, I want to keep these babies in as long as possible, I do NOT want them out any time soon. But it seems like everything is going downhill all at once ... I developed PUPPPS, which has spread from my tummy down my thighs, which itches and burns so bad it has made me cry; I now have this carpal tunnel syndrome thing in both hands and my right arm, which means after a few minutes on the computer my right hand starts to go numb, I was frosting cookies and I could barely grip the stupid spreader ... sleep is becoming nonexistant between getting up to go to the bathroom, waking up from itching, waking up from my right arm and hand going numb and tingly, waking up from not being able to be comfortable ... my pelvis hurts every time I change position ... AUGHHHHGHGHGHGHGH.

I woke up this morning and felt like crap and the day hadn't even started yet ... sigh. I know it could be so much worse, but everything is getting so uncomfortable, what will this be like in 3 weeks????

OK, that's my vent for the day ... who else is roughing it?????

2. kendraplus2

OK, I remember reading posts from moms who were up there in pregnancy about how tough it was for them and how they couldn't take it anymore, and thinking how bad can it really be ...

Oh, man, now I know! Don't get me wrong, I want to keep these babies in as long as possible, I do NOT want them out any time soon. But it seems like everything is going downhill all at once ... I developed PUPPPS, which has spread from my tummy down my thighs, which itches and burns so bad it has made me cry; I now have this carpal tunnel syndrome thing in both hands and my right arm, which means after a few minutes on the computer my right hand starts to go numb, I was frosting cookies and I could barely grip the stupid spreader ... sleep is becoming nonexistant between getting up to go to the bathroom, waking up from itching, waking up from my right arm and hand going numb and tingly, waking up from not being able to be comfortable ... my pelvis hurts every time I change position ... AUGHHHHGHGHGHGHGH.

I woke up this morning and felt like crap and the day hadn't even started yet ... sigh. I know it could be so much worse, but everything is getting so uncomfortable, what will this be like in 3 weeks????

OK, that's my vent for the day ... who else is roughing it?????

3. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

I'm roughing it, too. As soon as I entered the third tri, everything changed. I'm so exhausted and achy and it hurts to walk, stand, basically live my normal life. I feel like such an invalid and I'm accustomed to being very active and physical.

I also feel like I have so much yet to do for the holidays, etc and that stresses me out since I'm able to do so little each day. I know I need to take it easy, but I honestly don't know how I'm going to manage for another 8 weeks if I feel this bad now....and don't even get me started about the guilt I feel for not being as attentive to my toddler as I want to be!

You're not alone!

4. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I remember being miserable with my first pregnancy (a singleton) because it went to 41.5 weeks with no natural end in sight. I had a rash on my feet and hands (not pupps, but the doctor said it was because of the pregnancy) I can't IMAGINE what it is like to carry twins in the last trimester, but my time is coming. It if makes you feel any better, I think having such a horrible last month of pregnancy made my c-section recovery a BREEZE. I was even happy to get catheterized because I didn't have to get up 5 gillion times to pee. Hang in there. It will get better!

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I am soo sorry to hear how you are feeling right now. Hopefully things will start to improve for you soon!

Does your doc know about all of these things that are making life difficult for you? There are wrist guard type things that can be worn for the carpal tunnel. Lots of people wear them, especially at night. The PUPPS, has your condition been evaluated? I know nothing will make it go away except delivery but I have read of things that can help alleviate the pain and itching, talk to your doc! The sleep, maybe if you are receiving treatments for the previously mentioned discomforts sleep will come easier for you but there are things that are safe to take while pregnant to help with sleep. Again, if you haven't already please talk to your doc. There is no need for you to be suffering when there are remedies that are safe and could be helpful.

I hope things improve for you real soon. In the meantime, know you are doing such a great job cookin' your precious babes! You deserve a great big pat on the back!

6. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, girls... I am right there with you! I want so desperately to be one of the pregnant women who can tell all the kind people who ask how I'm doing, that everything is wonderful and that I LOVE being pregnant! I can barely bring myself to lie and just say it's going okay, when people ask. I feel ungrateful, and undeserving of this blessing!

I too have developed a mild case of PUPPS, cannot sleep or breathe, walk, stand or sit in a straight-back chair for any length of time without incurring serious back and pelvic pain.

And my poor two year old; he doesn't get to go to the park or children's museum or other fun active places like we used to -- and I'm close to having to stop going to his music class! I am so grateful for playdates where I don't have to do much, physically.

As Kendra said, and as all mothers of multiples feel... I want these babies to cook for as long as possible for the sake of their health. But man, is this rough! I had no idea just how easy I had it with my first sweet baby boy!

Feels good to vent to people who truly understand!

7. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so tired of laying on my left side....and then when I do get comfortable (computer situated, etc) I have to get up to pee.

And, at night my girl likes to kick my bladder, and I never seem to be able to fully empty it - so then the B-H contax start...I'm so looking forward to having a catheter.

I actually let myself get a little dehydrated this weekend because I just couldn't take it anymore.

The pelvic pain is starting to get bad - but fortunately I'm ok otherwise. I can't imagine what it will be like at the end, but I'm determined to make it 37 weeks (even though my ticker counts down to 36 weeks).

Knowing how folks struggle when the babies come early, I know this is all a small price to pay and I'm more than willing to pay it.

Miriam

8. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so miserable! I'm way behind you, so I'm not as uncomfortable yet, but I do have the carpal tunnel going on. I wake up all night either from general discomfort, or my right hand being on fire. But on the positive side... you only have a few weeks to go!
    Helen

9. CapeBretoner123

CapeBretoner123 Well-Known Member

Vent away.
    WE've all been there, or are now going through it. I know the itching and carpal tunnel almost drove me mad. I found hot(ok I know bad bad mommy) showers and tons of aloe vera lotion eased the itch for at least 24 hours. The swelling is annoying...ask your doc about it. They might have some suggestions.

In a few weeks you'll be feeling great. My girls will be 3 on saturday, had them at 35 weeks 2 days due to your symptoms...and super high BP.
    I find after 30 weeks I was feeling like I'd give myself a c-section tog et them out. It doesn't go fast when your pregnant but it feels like it the day after you had them. Just do whatever you can to feel ok. Your little sweeties should be here before Santa comes.

10. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Trust me, I feel your pain. My symptoms have mostly been bizzare things through the pregnancy, nothing really bothersome except excruciating round ligament pain. But it's starting to get bad.

What's getting me through are these preterm delivery scares we've had. After we were told we may have to deliver at 28 wks, I swore I would endure any pain to keep them in longer. So far, so good!

It's twice as hard a a singleton, but that's just Mother Nature's way of preparing us for twins!
    What's a 2 am feeding? At least I'll be able to get out of bed without grunting and groaning for 5 minutes!
    What's a dirty diaper? At least I won't be changing my own underwear every 2 hours when I sneeze and wet myself!

But, vent away! if not here, then we'd all be driving our spouses away!

11. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I so feel for you! I would like to say it is going to get better - but it isn't going to get better until after they are born! The entire reason we delivered at 36w 3d was because I hadn't slept in three days, hadn't had a bm in two weeks, and had been unable to eat for four days. My body was just done!

You are doing a great job and there will be an end to it! Believe it or not you will actually miss being pregnant once they are born!

Angel

12. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I've had it with being pregnant. I am now at the point where I can barely walk due to pelvic pain. I cannot take care of my son or really do anything besides take a shower, brush my teeth and go to the dr's. I'm sick of relying on other people to do things for me. I have 2 friends who had healthy twins w/ developed lungs at 33 weeks & two more who did at 34 weeks. So I am praying that God makes mine healthy enough to arrive early with no problems because I cannot go on until 37-38 weeks.

13. karyinny

karyinny Member

It helps to know I am not alone in this pain! I will be happy to throw my woes into this vent! Currrently, my pubic bone pain has subsided, but has been replaced with a VERY swollen, tender, painful to the touch abdomen. I went today and they were stumped. They prescribed antibiotics--don't know if that will help. I'll try ANYTHING!

I have to flip every half hour or so at night now. My hip falls asleep and so does my ear. It wouldn't be so bad, but it hurts so much to flip! If I bend my legs at all, they rub against my sore belly and the pain is terrible. If only I could figure out how to flip and keep my legs straight ;-)

We will all make it--one way or another. I am so grateful that I have made it this far. I keep trying to focus on the positive. We'll all be posting our births before we know it!

14. K.C.

K.C. Well-Known Member

I love to vent and I love reading other's vents....it makes me feel sane! I'm with ya' on the carpal tunnel. I've had it since my early second tri. It was only the right hand for a while, now it's both.

And I'm so done with the out of breath-ness I feel whenever I do any kind of body maneuvering. ANd the turning over at night? ALmost non-existent. At this point, I just let that side go numb because if I turn, I have to get up to pee and then when I lay back down, I'm out of breath and the whole cycle just starts over again!

And I'm sick of, every so often, peeing in my pants! It's only a small amount, but c'mon now! Enough.

But like you said, I'm willing to hang on as long as need be if it helps with keeping them out of the NICU or only in it for a short stay.

Stay strong girlfriend!

15. kendraplus2

OK, I haven't peed my pants yet, so I guess it can still get worse ... [​IMG] it's so nice to be able to vent to people who truly understand what I'm feeling. I like reading other's trials too, like K.C. said, it makes me feel sane too.
    Diane, I did talk with my doc about the PUPPS, at first they gave me 4 things to try (Benedryl, calamine, etc), then they gave me an Rx for hydroxyzine mainly to help me sleep at nite but it doesn't make me sleepy at all and it's rated a C on "safe fetus" so I stopped taking it. I see the doc again Wed and we'll go from there. Last night I took two Tylenol PM and they helped me sleep for less than 3 hours before the cycle began. ]
    Ah, well. At least I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] to all of you!!!! We can do this!!!!

16. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

I am so with all of you right now. I hurt all the time. You would think going to bed would be relaxing . Yeah right. It hurts o bad to turn from side to side. Then the getting up to pee every few hours. The back pain I have all day is for the birds. I just went to the doctors today and he said everything looks perfect. SO I guess all the pain was worth it. I am so lucky to have my in-laws sating with us now to help me out with my other 3 children. I have no idea what I would do without them. It Is hard sometimes having them move in with us for a few months but I have learned to just except it. I am just lucky I get along with my In-laws.

17. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

kendra, have you tried doxylamine succinate? It is an otc sleep pill that is a class A drug...works like a charm for me!

18. kendraplus2

quote:
    Originally posted by Marbear:
    kendra, have you tried doxylamine succinate? It is an otc sleep pill that is a class A drug...works like a charm for me!

Nope, but I'll definitely check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

19. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Today was the first time I thought my dd Stephanie was going to cry. She is sooooo miserable. She's 5'1 and as of today the babies are 5.13 and 5.9. It still amazes me that she's held up as well as she has. She throws up everything she eats, her ankles are now "cankles" and everywhere she goes people ask her if she's having triplets! 1 1/2 days to go and the boys will be here [​IMG]
    Lindy,
    Mom to Stephanie and soon to be nana to
    Cameron and Corey

20. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Oh, i am howling at some of these. I am sorry you are all suffering so much, though (and scared at the thought of what lies ahead!)

However "I was ready to do a c-section on myself" just had me falling over!

I know that i'm already tired of sleeping on my left side, and i'm only 18 weeks! the skin on my belly has started to itch, i feel like a lizard.

As for the peeing in my pants - i told my ob that i now had the choice between puking into the toilet and peeing on the floor, or peeing into the toilet and puking on the floor! She told me to sit on the toilet and get a bucket (duu-uh!).

Last night i threw up so violently the back of my throat bled. I did have the presence of mind to pull my pants and underwear away, so they didn't get all wet. How ridiculous does THAT make me feel? I'm like a puppy, piddling on the floor!

What's up with the carpal tunnel - is this a common thing?

On the other hand, at thanksgiving my SIL told me about her friend who had triplets - she delivered them vaginally when they induced at 38 weeks (!!!!); and they were 6lbs, 6lbs and 5.2lbs. You should have seen my face!