Keeping Stroller Wheels from Getting Trunk Dirty?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cat mommy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I've got a SBS, fully reclining seats. The weather here is slushy, snowy, icy and yucky. It's pretty much impossible to avoid getting wet slush all over the stroller wheels. Any thoughts on how I can keep it from making a huge mess in the trunk of my Ford Escape? I need to have a place to put groceries, etc., so I don't really want slush everywhere. I'd like to avoid having to use a premolded trunk mat, if possible, cause even the factory made one makes it tough to close the trunk.

I'm obviosuly new to this baby thing. :) Thanks.

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Hmm...I don't have a slush issue but sand. I can't keep it out of my car. What about if you got some old carpet squares (maybe Home Depot has some cheap) and just put those under your stroller so it will absorb some of the wet? :unsure:

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What about just a rubber floor mat? I had one in the back of my tahoe and it worked great, it had a lip around it so the water wouldnt run on to the carpet.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

great ideas! thank you :)

5. Miss Conception

Miss Conception Well-Known Member

We went to the dollar store and got one of those vinyl table cloths to spread out in the back of our Jeep. Works like a charm!

6. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

even a blanket would be good cuz it would be easy to wash. I have blankets for picnics that are nylon on one side and fleece on the other side that would help it from seeping through. Hmmm now I should do the same for my trunk haha!