Kevin and Patrick's 2nd Birthday Party

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JDMummy, Jun 21, 2008.

1. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Wanted to share the twins' 2nd birthday party pictures from today! We had an Elmo theme, and it was a beautiful, 80 degree, pleasant day! They had a blast -- and loved their new playhouse they got from Mom and Dad!

K&P's 2nd B'Day Party

Thanks for lookin'!!!

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kevin and Patrick!!! They are adorable Sarah! :) I'm glad to hear you had such a fun party!

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kevin!

:birthday: Patrick!

Looks like you guys had a great day!

4. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt] :birthday: Kevin & Patrick!!

Looks like everyone had a great time! That playhouse is so cute ~ I'm sure they'll have many adventures with it

April :)
    [/SIZE]

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Awesome pictures Sarah!! I LOVED those cakes, where did you get them? The playhouse is awesome, they are going to have many fun times in there!!

Thanks for sharing!! :Clap:

6. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Awww, looks like a very successful party! They are sure growing up! Thanks for sharing, Sarah. The cakes are adorable!

7. caba

caba Banned

:birthday: :birthday: Kevin and Patrick! They are too cute! And I love the playhouse ... looks like a fun fun place for them to hang out!

Did you make those cakes?? They are beyond adorable!

8. JDMummy

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 22 2008, 07:11 AM) [snapback]839314[/snapback]
    Awesome pictures Sarah!! I LOVED those cakes, where did you get them? The playhouse is awesome, they are going to have many fun times in there!!

I wish I could say that I did make them because they look fairly easy to make (kinda like Catie's cupcakes). If you can do any Wilton decorating you could do it yourself. But I got them done at a Shaw's Supermarket near me. If you want to have them done, PM me and I will send you the picture of them so you can ask your local bakery to give a try. It is a really simple piping technique.

They loved it all!

Oh and Chelle, I expect that Lolo and Em will be over for a playhouse playdate soon. ;) :lol:

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:birthday: boys!!! Sarah, looks like they had a blast!!

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[SIZE=18pt] :birthday: Patrick :birthday:

:birthday: Kevin :birthday:

[/SIZE]

Happy Birthday to your boys Sarah!! I love the little playhouse!! That's so cute!! We have something like that (2nd hand from the Moms sale) and it's still in the house! I need to get it out!! :) Looks like the party was a huge success and a ton of fun!!

I crack up because Elmo is the "official birthday theme" of 2 yr. olds!!! You can't go wrong with the big E though. He's so cute!!! :wub: My kids got Elmo because I LIKED HIM!!! :laughing:

11. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

Sarah - those were awesome pics! I'm glad you all had such a great day.

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great pictures Sarah! Looks like the party was a success. :Clap:

13. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

:birthday: boy! Looks like the party was a lot of fun. I love those pics in the playhouse! Cute cake too-my girls got excited when they saw them.

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: You have some handsome little men there! :wub: I'm glad the party was fun!!!! B)

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

So cute Sarah! :birthday: Kevin! :birthday: Patrick!

16. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

They are way too cute!!! Love their cakes...did you make those yourself?

17. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Sarah! Those boys are just adorable!!!! I am glad you had such a wonderful day! My boys have that house and spend a ton of time in it! It will be perfect for the summer!

18. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Adorable pictures Sarah! Happy Birthday Kevina and Patrick!! :birthday: :birthday:

19. JDMummy

Thanks everyone! They really did have a great time this year! It was nice to have BOTH of them at their party (last year Kev was sick!).

QUOTE(twinzmom2b @ Jun 22 2008, 03:20 PM) [snapback]839785[/snapback]
    They are way too cute!!! Love their cakes...did you make those yourself?

Hey Becky, I didn't :blush: Store bought -- wish I had though because its a very easy technique!

20. MichelleL

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 22 2008, 10:38 AM) [snapback]839472[/snapback]
    I wish I could say that I did make them because they look fairly easy to make (kinda like Catie's cupcakes). If you can do any Wilton decorating you could do it yourself. But I got them done at a Shaw's Supermarket near me. If you want to have them done, PM me and I will send you the picture of them so you can ask your local bakery to give a try. It is a really simple piping technique.

They loved it all!

Oh and Chelle, I expect that Lolo and Em will be over for a playhouse playdate soon. ;) :lol:

We have Shaw's near us too. I'll have to check it out. We're going with a Sesame Street theme this year, so I was thinking of one Elmo cake and one either Ernie or Big Bird, since those are their favorites. Thanks for letting me know.

And SURE, we'll come over for a playdate!! :banana: Once school is done, we can figure out when. :D

21. JDMummy

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 22 2008, 06:41 PM) [snapback]840001[/snapback]
    We have Shaw's near us too. I'll have to check it out. We're going with a Sesame Street theme this year, so I was thinking of one Elmo cake and one either Ernie or Big Bird, since those are their favorites. Thanks for letting me know.

They also made a Cookie Monster cake that had cookies crumbled in the mouth! Too Cute. :)

22. MichelleL

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 22 2008, 06:56 PM) [snapback]840018[/snapback]
    They also made a Cookie Monster cake that had cookies crumbled in the mouth! Too Cute. :)

Oooohhh, I like that!!

23. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Sarah, congrats on their 2nd bday party!!! So cute. Those cakes were amazing. Where are the shots of them going to town on them???

We have that same playhouse!! Although, yours looked so nice and new (ours was a hand me down but hey I took it!!)

Anyway, congrats again. The time is just flying by and I don't know about you but now when I look at my girls, they really look like little girls. They don't look like babies anymore :cray: But I'm loving all that comes with them NOT being babies anymore!!

24. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kevin and Patrick

Glad you enjoyed your birthday party!

25. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

Happy b'days to your lovely boys....what a great time!

26. JDMummy

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Jun 22 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]840253[/snapback]
    Anyway, congrats again. The time is just flying by and I don't know about you but now when I look at my girls, they really look like little girls. They don't look like babies anymore But I'm loving all that comes with them NOT being babies anymore!!

Mel, honestly, I remember when John really lost all his "baby" for good... it was last year at age 4. I noticed it in pictures. He still held on to a little of his "baby chub" in his cheeks etc until then but this year in his kindergarten picture it was ALL GONE. :cray: It really hit me hard too. :( So you got a couple more chubby, "baby" years left.

27. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! I love the design of the cake! Now...you got to tell us where did you get those cute candles with letters?

D, w/Rianna and Justin
    (We're doing Raggedy Ann/Andy for their 2nd bday -- for some reason they really aren't into anything yet as 'favorite' theme)

28. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

:birthday: Happy Birthday Kevin and Patrick!!! :birthday:

It looks like they had a ball!! Where has the time gone?!! How did our babies just turn 2?!! It doesn't seem right!!

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 22 2008, 10:38 PM) [snapback]840000[/snapback]
    Thanks everyone! They really did have a great time this year! It was nice to have BOTH of them at their party (last year Kev was sick!).
    Hey Becky, I didn't :blush: Store bought -- wish I had though because its a very easy technique!

Easy Technique?!!! I just want you to know that those cupcakes were EXTREMELY hard to make, I slaved for HOURS!!! Just kidding!! ;) They actually were very easy and too cute!!

We also had a party the weekend before in Alabama for all the family there (such spoiled children...2 parties every year!) and here is the sesame street cake that my MIL had made at a local bakery. She just took the invitation in and this is what they did. VERY CUTE!!! Almost as cute as my cupcakes :p

29. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Sarah,
    I hate I missed wishing the boys a happy birthday! Loved the cakes!!!!

30. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sarah, great pictures and the boys are so adorable! Definitely looking like little men instead of babies. It looks like they had a great birthday.

31. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Awwwww.... they are so cute. They can't be 2 already though. I remember when they were brand new!

I had to laugh though, we have an older version of that house and AND my boys have those exact same shirts. :D

:birthday: Patrick and Kevin! :itwins_boys:

32. JDMummy

HAHAHA---- :lol: Joke is on you guys! They won't be two til Sunday! :p

So you didn't miss it B!!!!!!

Catie, I saw your cupcake pictures and thought that would have been awesome for me to have added to the party--- oh well, there is always a next time! ;)

33. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Great pictures, Sarah!

Looks like the house was a BIG hit!

Happy Early Birthday

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 23 2008, 05:02 PM) [snapback]841703[/snapback]
    HAHAHA---- :lol: Joke is on you guys! They won't be two til Sunday! :p

And here I thought something was wrong with your ticker! :p