Kicking Feet In Sleep

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Lydia, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

I know this sounds very unusual, but my son kicks his feet and legs very forcefully in his sleep. I want to know if others have babies who do this or if he is completely odd. He raises his feet straight up in the air and then pounds them down into the mattress, over and over again. We can hear it in our living room, which is below his bedroom. He sleeps right through it most of the time, and usually does it if he has lost his soother and can't reach it to put it back in. What funny little quirky things these babies are doing... now if only I could remember it all later.

2. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

OMG, Liam has done this for the longest time. My in-laws actually thought that he was moving his crib against the wall it is so loud. Glad to know he's not the only "freak" out there! :p

3. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

sometimes when I wake I find one or both of the girls with their legs sticking straight in the air. I think all babies do it...

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it's quite common. I remember one of my kids doing the same thing. Babies do weird things in their sleep! :pardon:

5. irisflower

irisflower Well-Known Member

Here too... and when he is awake, he taps to the rhythm of songs on the radio!

6. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

My son does this, but my daughter does not! It is like he thinks it is a game the minute he is put down in the PNP for a nap...The arms start to go and then his legs up and down making the loudest noise!

7. purplemax99

purplemax99 Member

My son is still doing this at 2 years old - unbelievable that he can sleep through it! I am glad to hear he is not the only one!

8. MelinaS79

MelinaS79 Well-Known Member

HAHA!! My DD does this! DH and I thought she was trying to soothe herself back to sleep by making her crib bounce. LOL! Glad to know she's not the only baby that does this. We think its adorable. We can hear her on the monitor in our room.. because she makes this little grunt noise when she lifts her legs up in the air. So we'll hear

*grunt* ...... *thud*
    *grunt* ...... *thud*

Its hilarious.

9. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Our 2-yr-old still does this. We didn't know what it was for the longest time. We thought he might have been banging, or throwing himself down, but then we spied, and yep - he lifts those legs up and hurls them down on the bed.