KidsKraft vs Lego Fire station

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mama_dragon, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I am getting some early Christmas shopping done. My boys really want a fire station. They looked at the Lego Fire station everytime they go to Target. They have been playing with real legos for the last several months and they do very well with them but they are not even 4 yet so I am a bit concerned that they might get frustrated when pieces come off. We also looked at a Kids Kraft Rescure Hero house at Costco. Both are the same price. They say they prefer the kids kraft fire station because it has a bell.

We almost bought them one last year but after reading reviews on line about Kids Kraft products we decided to wait until they were old enough for Legos or Playmobile. But now I just can't decide. Does anyone have a Kids Kraft Rescure Fire station? How has it held up? Do your kids play with it.

They actually have a fisher price doll house I got them on Ebay and they play with it all the time (yep they are boys and they have a pink doll house). They could even use the figures and furniture for both. I just don't know based on reviews for KidsKraft products.

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have both and for 4, I would buy the kidkraft fire station. The new one seems better put together than the last model that we have. Ours has held up to 3 kids but my husband put it out when the twins were 2 and incapable of being gentle so 1 of the doors did come off. The lego fire station is a lot of fun but it took DH and DS a lot of time to put together (at 5) and the pieces do come off which could be frustrating.

3. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I bought the Kids Kraft Fire Station as a joint Christmas gift last year just before they turned 4. DS2 still plays with it and enjoys more imaginary play than DS1.

Have you seen Fisher Price Trio's? They are like Lego's but made for smaller hands. I bought them just before they turned 2 (which was too young) and pulled them out just recently and they both love playing with them.

Here is their fire station.

I bought a Lego set for DS2 last month and DH feels I should hold onto it until their 1/2 birthday in July when they'll be 5 1/2.

4. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Thank you both! I think I am going to go with the kids kraft fire station and hold off on the legos until they are older.

So many choices for toys!!

5. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Not sure if the original poster will see this, or if you're still in the market. But, I wanted to tell you that I checked out the Kidkraft fire station when I first read this post a month or so ago because my boys are fire station-obsessed. I put it on our Xmas list. I happened to be looking online tonight and was disappointed to see that TRU raised the price of this item by $20-25 since I looked at it a few weeks ago. I remember it being priced around $120-125 (the deluxe version). TRU is now selling it for $147. So, I went to Amazon and they have it right now for $79!!!!!!!! I bought it quickly.
    Just wanted to let you know in case you see this and still want to purchase it. The overall reviews are good and I'm so excited to get a bargain!