Kind of bittersweet

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by angelsmom2001, Jan 4, 2013.

1. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow morning I officially don't belong in this group. :faint:

Tomorrow will mark my little girls 12th birthday. How on earth did that happen????

Unfortunately it won't be a very fun birthday, as today at the dr's office, Holly was diagnosed with the flu. She's on Tamiflu, in the hopes of staving off pneumonia.

I asked her what she might be able to eat, I'd get take out from anywhere, and she decided on chinese food. But she still didn't eat much. Cassie did like the idea and she ate heartily.

2. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Yuck . . The flu. Hope the Tamiflu helps.

Enjoy as best you can their birthday. Good luck!

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Oh poor girls

4. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

booo on the Flu.... how is she today AND...
    :birthday:

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:bday: to your girls!

I hope they are feeling better soon :hug:

6. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Holly is doing better. The Tamiflu seems to be helping her feel better. She is still coughing, and congested.

We will be celebrating at a later date, and a couple years ago, we decided that we would hold their birthday party in August when we are using my parents summer place. The year we made that decision, we had something like 7 feet of snow on the ground in Jan, with back to back storms through out the month. This year we are in frigid conditions, so it seems like a good idea.

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Happy birthday. Hope Cassie stays well.

8. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

My birthday was (I guess it still is :blush: ) in Aug… and I always wished it was during the school year (I think I wanted the attention :p ) and now they have half Birthdays for summer kids… that is awesome!!! so bring on the half birthdays I say :woohoo:

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:birthday: Happy 12th Birthday to the girls!! :birthday:

Hope everyone is feeling okay!

10. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to your girls Cassie and Holly! I hope the flu doesn't spread and things improve quickly!