Kinda embarassing habit starting(nipples)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Laurenbelle, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Laurenbelle

Laurenbelle Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, need some advice! The boys have recently discovered their nipples. While Alex hardly cared they were there, Nick seems to be obsessed with them! Almost everytime I look up, he's got his shirt up and playing with them. I try to remind him to just put his shirt down as non-chalantly as I can to not make a big deal of it, but it's been a couple weeks now, and his interest hasn't faded. Is there anything else I can do to get him over this? I'm asking b/c just yesterday we were at the gymnastics place just playing, and they decided to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to one of the coaches, and right in the middle of the song out of nowhere, Nick pulled his shirt up and exclaimed, "Look, there's Nick's nipples!" A little embarassing! Thanks in advance for the help!

2. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

The girls have also done this and will occassionally say something about them, but it has slacked off some. I just tell them that those are private and that we don't touch each other's "boobies"

GL!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

The only thing that has ever worked for us and embarrassing habits is to just ignore the habit. The more I ask them not to do something even nonchalantly, the more interesting it seems to get??

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I would agree with pp, just ignore it. I find the more you make of it, the bigger it becomes. If you pretend like it doesn't bother you then I bet they will forget it about it pretty soon!

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls were really into their nipples for awhile (and telling other people they have nipples too- including the sitter's dog).... but we didn't make a big deal out of it, and they lost interest. I actually had a hard time not laughing because how funny is it when a 2 year old tells some old lady in the grocery store "HI! I'm Ana. I have nipples!! So do you. Everyone does!!!"

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Ryan calls his "bug bites" (as he has had a few of those!). :rotflmbo: I will start ignoring it now so I don't have the nipple stories to tell from storytime!

7. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:

Jack just began showing an interest in his... we'll see how quickly it develops into a full-fledged obsession!