Kirkland Brand Formula? Any good?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Ester123, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ester123

Ester123 Member

Trying to be economical... we are currently using Similac. But, does anyone have any experience with Kirkland brand formula for infants? It's the brand that Costco carries...

I can't believe that Similac doesn't have a twin program where they give you more coupons. I need coupons!!

Also anyone use Costco diapers? How are they?

Thanks!

2. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

I have never used the formula but we buy the diapers and like them:) I wouldnt use the diapers til they were out of the newborn stage but after that its a great deal!

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I used Costco formula, diapers, and wipes and loved them all. Still use the wipes.

4. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

I have read reviews on all of them and they were all rated well!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

I used Costco diapers for a long time, until I found out Target brand was cheaper and just as good! Target wipes are good too. We switched from Similac to Parent's Choice(Walmart) brand formula with no problems.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I started using Kirkland formula as soon as my girls were cleared to be off Neosure. I have absolutely no complaints! Formula is regulated by the FDA so it is just as good as the name brands, and you will save a ton of $$$.

I wasn't a fan of the Costco diapers, my girls always got bad diaper rashes whenever we used them. I know a lot of people that do use them though, and have had no problems.

7. reichvt4l

reichvt4l Active Member

I currently use the Kirkland brand diapers and both my babies have done well with them; however, the 1-2 size is rated up to 15 lbs and my DS is maybe 13.5 lbs and are already seem to be too short on him. We will be switching to Huggies level 2 since they're rated for 12-18 lbs.

8. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

We've been using the Kirkland formula for about 5 months now. The only thing I don't like is that when you mix it the foam doesn't subside, but apart from that non-issue, its great. Definitely saves when you have to feed two.

We don't use the Kirkland nappies (diapers) but we love their wipes :)

9. Natalochka

Natalochka Well-Known Member

we use the formula and the diapers and are very happy with them

10. anicakes

anicakes Well-Known Member

I used to buy Enfamil, but switched to Kirkland and am very satisfied...I've also started using their diapers (size 3) and am impressed!

11. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

12. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

after all of the free samples of Enfamil were gone we swiched to Kirkland brand and had no problems with it and the babies loved it as much as the other formula.
    the cases of baby wipes are also a GREAT deal!!!!!

13. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

That's what we use and the boys like it better than Enfamil.

14. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for this post! Our pedi gave us the okay to switch to Kirkland formula (we're on our last can of Enfamil Lipil) and I'm excited to try it...and I'm gonna give the diapers a shot too (also love the wipes!!!)

15. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I've heard great things about Costco formula! I've used their diapers without any problems.

ETA - We used Target brand formula and diapers. They worked just as well as name brands for us and saved us so much $$! GL.

16. connorsjen

connorsjen Member

I used Kirkland diapers, wipes and formula with my older daughter and plan on it again with the twins as soon as I run out of everything that I received as gifts.

17. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

We liked all of their products as well.

18. bran24

bran24 Well-Known Member

We've been using kirkland brand since we got the go ahead at two months old (they were on special high calorie before). Kirkland is a little foamy, but it's been great for us, MUCH cheaper!

I also LOVE kirkland wipes, they are my favorite, they are very soft.

19. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

We didn't have a Costco until my twins were out of formula, but wow, I wish we would've had it back then. I've ONLY used Kirkland with Olivia and LOVE it! It's just like Similac and it's $19.99 for 2 cans! What a savings! I was giong through a can every 5 days when Livi was eating her max. Again, why didn't they build Costco when the twins were born...lol!!!! They did drop the price to $17.99 for a few months, but now it's back up to $19.99. Still, I can't complain. I JUST bought my last 2 cans and then it's HELLO WHOLE MILK! Woo Hoo!!!!

I do like the Kirkland diapers too. They are made by Huggies (I believe). The twins could never use the Huggies b/c they leaked out of them, but the Kirkland diapers are my favorite for Livi!

20. HurleyBeeGurlie

HurleyBeeGurlie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ester123 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1168402[/snapback]
    Trying to be economical... we are currently using Similac. But, does anyone have any experience with Kirkland brand formula for infants? It's the brand that Costco carries...

I can't believe that Similac doesn't have a twin program where they give you more coupons. I need coupons!!

Also anyone use Costco diapers? How are they?

Thanks!

Similac does have a twin and multi. program. My hospital actually gave me a paper to send in to get free formula and coupons for it. Im not gonna use it once I finish all the formula the hospital gave me.

21. Lizzybo

Our boys love the Kirkland formula. My only issue with it is that it takes more effort to mix and gets a bit foamy. It works better in plastic bottles than glass, but I prefer glass bottles in general.

22. mkhvjh

mkhvjh Well-Known Member

Great info... we were just wondering if we should use Kirkland formula & just found this thread! Thanks everyone!!!

23. Lizzybo

I just recently discovered how to get rid of the foam. I'm also pumping and breastfeeding. I started adding what little bm I pump into the formula and it takes away the foam!!

Before I didn't want to waste my bm so I never mixed it with formula.

It doesn't take much, just an ounce, maybe less.