Kissing you back

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Susiepie, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

This may be a totally silly question, but I thought I'd ask it any way. I kiss my babies ALL the time and I'm wondering when do they kiss you back?? Is it during the 1st year? Or the 2nd?

The thread about smiling made me think about it! Right now when I kiss them they try to latch onto my lips or cheeks, LOL!

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Definitely during the first year. I don't remember exactly when (I'm sure someone will know) but mine have been "kissing" for quite a while now. Of course they are big, open-mouth, sloppy kisses & Luke's usually involve teeth (ouch!) but they are very sweet!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Right around a year my two started giving kisses back! :wub:

4. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

If i ask for a kiss, mine iwll run over wtih an open mouth and kiss my lips. I think it takes awhile to master the "kiss" part but we're working on it...we're making the movements and the osunds...just not together......or when we should....but we're 15 months if that helps.....jus tkeep wokring iwth them on it. OVer and over and over again.

amanda

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two started around 14 months.

6. Phia713

Phia713 Well-Known Member

Mine started about 14 months, mainly the slobber kisses.

7. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Seamus began to give kisses around 13 months and Nicholas began about 2 weeks ago. I love it!!!

8. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

my girls give kisses. Lily more than Mia. Lily started about maybe 8 months and Mia just started. They of course are big sloppy open mouth kisses and sometimes end with a bite but it is still a wonderful thing. They both know how to do eskimo kisses too (rubbing noses)..

9. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Mary (6 months) just gave me an open mouth kiss when I went to kiss her! I KNOW it was a kiss because she didnt try to suck! It was SOOOOO SWEET!!!!!

10. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Between 11 and 12 months for my DD. They were and still are open-mouth with a little tongue thrown in sometimes! Nothing like a little lick to show some love. :p

11. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

my ds just started this (16 months). he doesn't know how to pucker yet, but if we ask for a kiss, he puts his lips on our cheek. he laughs if i make the pucker sound for him. so cute!!!

12. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I just had to say that reading this thread is making me yearn for the day the boys kiss me. :air_kiss:

13. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

DD has been giving me kisses for weeks. It's the sweetest thing in the world! She'll hug my neck or head and give me a big sloppy wet one on the cheek or mouth. When I put her to bed at night, she'll pull me down for a big kiss-fest. :wub:

14. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

My grandsons are seven months old and I can ask them for a kiss and they lean in with open mouth and plant big wet ones and then just cackle. They each have two teeth and now they like to nip with the kisses. At first I thought they were just slobbering, but they have both learned to mimic and all I have to do is make a kissy noise and they both come in for the kiss.

15. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

My girls just started this week :wub: I love it! And they're definitely the big slobbery open mouth kisses, hee hee!

16. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

My son did at 8 months. It wasn't at all "traditional"! :) It involved a ton of slobber and I loved every minute of it!!!

17. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

Around 8~9 months for us, I noticed they would kiss (theopen mouth slobbery thing) certain pics in their books and sometimes they like to kiss the floor too <_< So I started saying "Kiss the book" and "Kiss the floor" a lot, then one day I was sitting next to one of them and said "Kiss Mummy" and she leaned in and slobbered all over my cheek - it was an amazing moment hahahaha Now sometimes they do it to my mouth - it's really weird as its slobbery mouths open with tongues licking too....!! And as PPs said "I LOVE THEM!"

18. AandKtwins

AandKtwins Well-Known Member

My girls started giving kisses around 7 months. I usually have to ask them for a kiss, but they are so sweet & slobbery!