Last weekends' tragedy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by allywise225, Dec 7, 2007.

1. allywise225

allywise225 Well-Known Member

Horrible news to share. My husband and I went home to celebrate out 5th year anniversary. We were driving to our parents' house to drop off the dogs and were about five blocks away from their house when someone driving a large four wheel-drive truck t-boned our car. I was in a semi-reclined position, and don't remember much. It took about 10 minutes to get me out of the car. We finally got over to the hospital when they discovered my lung had collapsed, so they reinflated (OUCH!). They transported me to another hospital and found via cat scan that I had 5 broken ribs, 3 cracks my in pelvis a lacerated kidney, and a lacerated spleen, a lacerated liver, a contousion on my head, and a badly bruised arm. Unfortunately, neither of the twins made it. The OB doctor thinks Jake died from the trauma to body and the little Will died from the massive blood loss to my body.

They delivered the babies via C-section on Sunday. They think we will be here another week or so.

2. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Oh Allison, words fail me.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am thankful to hear, however that you made it through okay--those are some very serious injuries. I hope you will recover quickly.

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and my prayers are with you. I hope you recover quickly, it sounds like a very serious accident.

4. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so sorry for the loss fo your boys! I hope you were able to have some with them before saying goodbye. I can't imagine the suddenness of your situation. Come to the Parental Grief forum when you're ready. Everyone there is so wonderful and will be a great support to you if you choose to let us help!

Thinking of you and your family! :hugs:

5. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I'm am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and I pray for your quick recovery! :hug99:

6. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

There are no words. I can't relay how sorry I am. My heart aches for you and your husband. I pray for physical and emotional strength for you both. I am so unbelievably sorry.

7. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your losses. :hug99:

8. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your lose. My heart aches for you. I hope you recover emotional & physically very quickly. I will pray for you and your family.

Missy

9. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Allison,
    I will keep you, your husband, and your sweet little boys in my prayers. I am so, so sorry for all that you have been through. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Is your husband in the hospital also?

10. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

11. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for what happened to you and the babies. *hugs* *hugs*

Dianna

12. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I dont' have words as my tears are just pouring out. I am sorry for your loss and the seriousness of your injuries. I hope you have a smoother recovery, sending many hugs and prayers for you and your family.

13. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! Im soooo sorry!! What a horrible thing to happen.. I hope you feel better soon!!! Im sorry for your loss of your little angels!!!

14. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

What a horrible thing to happen! I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet babies! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99:

15. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

oh my how terrible - you are in my thoughts....

16. Lynner405

Lynner405 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your boys. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.....and I hope you have a very speedy recovery.

17. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. :hug99:

Cari

18. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

19. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

So sorry for your lose.

20. BMartinez72

BMartinez72 Well-Known Member

Allison: I couldn't breath just reading what happened to you and the loss of your babies. I'm still in shock.... I hope that person that hit you PAYS. it will never be enough though... we almost lost our daughter to e.coli and HUS back in june and we still think about how she got it and who should pay - but in the end, we have no way to finger someone. I know it's not the same... not in a long shot. But I hope you do make this person pay. if anything, it gives a sort of closure on that end of the problem. I've miscarried a baby and this whole pregnancy I've been worrying about mc these two. And people are crazy drivers lately - everytime I drive, someone almost hits me. So I've been getting road rage and decided to step away from the car for the most part. This is something that can happen to any of us, and I wish there was some way to offer more support than this....

21. tater

tater Active Member

I am so so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are able to recover quickly and fully, both emotionally and physically. I am truly sorry.

Sandi

22. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug99:

23. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Allison, I am so sorry. I really have no words. They all seem so insignificant.

I am so sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please check out Parental Grief fourm here if you get a chance.

24. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss... :cray:

25. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Telling you I’m so sorry really doesn’t cover the emotion I have for your loss right now… my thoughts will be with you...

26. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Allison,
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. :cray: Please take care of yourself. I will keep you family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99:

27. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

:hug99: I am so sorry! :hug99:

28. annlubbers

annlubbers Well-Known Member

I cried when I read your post.

Words can not express my sorrow for you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ann

29. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

My heart and prayers go to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

30. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Oh, Allison! I am SOOO sorry! :love0028:

31. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Your post made me cry as I imagined myself in your shoes-I am so sorry for you and your husbands loss-it is probably the single worse thing to have to go through. My heart goes out to you...

32. Goldenmom1

Goldenmom1 Member

I am so very sorry for your loss

33. mandieolivia

mandieolivia Well-Known Member

i am so terribly sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boys and the pain you have had to endure!
    my heart and prayers go out to you, mama!

34. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Allison, I am so sorry to hear that. I pray for comfort for you and your family during this very difficult time.

35. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

oh my gosh! I am soo sorry. That is so horrible. I hope you get better. My prayers are with you.