leaving DH with the boys ALL weekend for the 1st time

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sarahmainer, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sarahmainer

sarahmainer Member

its my annual girls beach trip and he has got the boys from 7am friday morning until around 2:00ish SUnday afternoon...lets hope the house is still standing when I get back!!! Has your DH done this yet? How did he do?

2. kristy horner

kristy horner Well-Known Member

He's not convinced me of it yet, but i know he'd do great...he's had them since they were tiny off and on for entire days like Black Friday!!! He'll be fine, even if he feeds them in bouncy seats in front of the baseball game! LOL....have a great time!

3. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Have a great time!!

Dianna

4. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I am actually leaving him alone with the twins for 48 hours starting tomorrow morning! He's been alone with them for afternoons a ton- but never overnight. I'm sure he'll do great :D

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine has not done this yet and let me tell you I can't wait for it!!! He'll have my girls for the weekend when we have our Buddy Club trip to NO in November! Whoo-hooo! :banana:

$10 says he winds up bringing them to my parents house to "visit" with my mom. (aka get mimi to take over) LOL

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

My DH had them for about 10 hours one day, and let's just say that he fully appreciates what I deal with all day now! :icon_biggrin: Enjoy yourself! Which beach? We are headed to the OBX this weekend!

7. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

He'll do fine, have a great time!!!! My dh has had them alone for the weekend and done great, maybe they went to bed a little later or didn't quite settle down to eat much at dinner but in the long run who cares, he did a great job.

erica

8. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

My DH has had them for hours at a time. He's done well. I will be going to the Fall '07/Winter '08 Buddy Club trip in November and gone all weekend. He'll have them the whole time. I'm completely confident he can do it. I'm sure your DH will do well too :) .

9. leilaf

leilaf Member

QUOTE(oct13twinboys @ Jul 23 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]892449[/snapback]
    its my annual girls beach trip and he has got the boys from 7am friday morning until around 2:00ish SUnday afternoon...lets hope the house is still standing when I get back!!! Has your DH done this yet? How did he do?

I'm in the same situation! We're having our girls beach weekend & I'll be gone from 5 Friday morning until really late Sunday night. I'm going to make a long, long list describing the care & maintenance of our short people :lol: .

Have a great time! Where are you going?

10. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

Oh...I'm SO jealous! Have a blast!

11. fluffhead

fluffhead Well-Known Member

Ooooohhh -- I am so jealous! Have a fantastic time and try not to think about the babies too much -- they will be fine! My DH took care of the babies for 48 hours all by himself when they were only 10 weeks old :blink: while I went on a job interview out of state. He did an awesome job -- I was so impressed! They will be great with Dad!

12. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:eek: You go girl! I hope you have a blast lady!!! As far as your husband being able to handle it: I think he will do great. I know my husband does a great job when I'm not around, yet when I am here he asks me about every little thing. :rolleyes: When you aren't there, he'll step up to the plate and do great. Enjoy it momma!! :drinks:

13. carliegil

carliegil Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm so jealous! Have a great time and I'm sure the DH has things under control.

14. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yeah for your beach trip!!! My DH took care of the girls for a weekend when they were 9 weeks old. I had my college reunion and so he gave me that trip as a mother's day present. My BF and I stayed at a nice hotel, and I got to sleep in! It was wonderful!!! Then when they girls were 12 months he had them for 4 days while I was at a conference.

Both times were great experiences for him because he got to spend time with his girls and got to appreciate how much work I do! I left him with explicit instructions and for the most part the house was in one piece when I got home (except for the clean laundry in the baskets, but thats ok). Have fun!!!