Let's Play Id Or Frat!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Her Royal Jennyness, Apr 5, 2007.

?

Are my boys Identical or Fraternal -

1. Identical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fraternal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I thought we would play everybody's favorite game.

I was at Davids school yesterday picking him up and while I was there the really pretty receptionist (that Dave has a crush on :wub:) wanted to see the boys. Well, she was looking at them and before I knew it every receptionist, school nurse and teacher in the nearby vicinity was peering down at my boys. (What can I say, they're cute!) Anyway, a debate began over whether they were ID or frat (no one asked me, I'm only their mother after all) and the general consensus reached was that they were ID. So, I come to you, my lovely TS mommies, do you think my guys are ID or FRAT? I included several pictures.

ETA: Sean on the left, James on the right.

2. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

Your boys are adorable! I'm voting frat. (But the Olsen Twin kind of frat, where everyone will always think they're identical anyway.) :)

3. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

They are so cute and look alot alike but i also vote fraternal. :D

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

I voted frat too Jenny, but they are very close. :wub:

5. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I voted ID, looks like Sean has a longer face and James is more rounder that can amke a big difference. Either way they are adorable.

(But the Olsen Twin kind of frat, where everyone will always think they're identical anyway.)

Actually according to their mother thay have never had a DNA test done, so they don't really know.

6. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Do you know their blood type? If it is the same, very likely they are ID, if different, definately frat...

I voted ID, they look alot alike and have the same eye/hair color. The shapes of their faces are different but that doesnt matter. My DD's have a different shape, Alivea is more round and Kaytlin is more oval but they are ID.

7. HolyScrap!

HolyScrap! Well-Known Member

They look like frats to me. :) They are both adorable!

8. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I voted Frat, but they sure are adorable!!

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I think FRAT... their faces are shaped different, but those eyes... beautiful... are the same. Their noses look the same as well... but their faces are shaped different, and their chins look a little different...

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I couldn't decide if they were frat or id, but they are definately adorable, handsome little guys! :wub:

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also voted frat! Very similar though, but there is just something different about them. But very cute of course. :)

12. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I voted frat! They look close, but seem to be very distinguishable. When are you going to know for sure?

13. Trillian

Trillian Well-Known Member

I voted frat too. The look alike, but IMO as much as brothers would resemble each other.

QUOTE(angie7 @ Apr 6 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]208336[/snapback]
    Do you know their blood type? If it is the same, very likely they are ID, if different, definately frat...

Yeah, if different they're def fraternal, but just because they're the same wouldn't mean they're much more likely to be ID. It depends on what your and DH's blood types are. For example, I'm O+ and so is my sister (not twin) because both my parents are O+.

14. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Apr 6 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]208476[/snapback]
    I couldn't decide if they were frat or id, but they are definately adorable, handsome little guys! :wub:

My thoughts as well! Cute babies Jenny!

15. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

I voted Fraternal...my goodness Jenny, what cute kiddos!!!

16. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

I voted frat b/c it looks like their eye and ear shapes could be slightly different, but it's hard to really tell from pictures. I could be wrong. They probably look as much alike as my ID girls, so I could be wrong. Are you going to do the test to know for sure? Or do you already know?

17. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll test, just because I'm sure they're frats. I think they look completely different, but that's the mom in me I guess. :)

And thank you for all the compliments! I do make pretty cute babies!

18. returntoshore

returntoshore Well-Known Member

I voted fraternal because their faces are shaped differently.

Can I put a second vote in for cute? :D

19. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I voted frat because I think I see slight differences in the ears, chins, and noses... BUT, you can't always tell these things from photos. A change in the angle may make a difference. Mine are ID but I have photos where they look fraternal to me. The DNA test was well worth it IMHO.

Blood type wasn't helpful for us either. DH and I are type O so any child we have will be type O. The blood group thing is only really helpful if they run the full test -- there are 29 blood groups they can check. If all 29 match, there is a less than 1% chance they aren't ID.

20. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

I voted ID, they just look close enough to me. They are cuuuuute!!! :D

21. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Orestia @ Apr 6 2007, 02:18 AM) [snapback]208275[/snapback]
    Your boys are adorable! I'm voting frat. (But the Olsen Twin kind of frat, where everyone will always think they're identical anyway.) :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. People are always surprised to find out that Mary Kate and Ashley are NOT ID.

Sean and James are super cute!

22. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

I vote ADORABLE! OMG, they are too darn cute! Honestly I couldn't decide...couldn't get past the cuteness! :D

23. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I said frat. Not sure if it's their slight size diff or the angle of the photo, but they look like very alike brothers to me. Their eyes are a little diff and the turn of their mouth.
    One thing is for certain: Absolutely Adorable!

24. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I voted Frat, I could definently see the difference in them! They sure are adorable! :wub:

25. ems9882

ems9882 Well-Known Member

im gonna also go with fra. they do look alot alike but diff. at the same time! they are adorable! :D

26. AmyD

AmyD Well-Known Member

How adorable! Don't you just love boys! I think they're fraternal.

27. Alyson

Alyson Well-Known Member

I'd say frat and very very cute.

28. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

They look identical like mine are identical. Mine have a 5lb weight difference and a 3 inch height diffence it makes them look very different

29. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

So Jenny,
    Are they ID or fraternal???