Let's talk about...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, May 19, 2012.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

POOP!!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

So I finally got fed up with Annabella two weeks ago Monday. She was in diapers, and she'd poop and never let on, and then end up with a nasty rash. Sunday night I changed her diaper and she was screaming in pain. I put her in the tub to help, and she screamed again. I was done. So I told her-no more diapers!

I did the three day method. Overall, worked great. Took a few more days than three, but that's fine. She's dry after nap and bedtime.

The problem? Poop. So.done.with.poop! I've never met someone as stubborn as her!!! The boys were eons easier to train!!!! I remember Anthony had issues with popping, but I don't recall to this extent.

I understand it's a fear. She actually did go on the toilet during the three days. I was psyched. Little did I know it was a fluke! Lol! All the bribes in the world do nothing. And she knows what to do. She tells us x, y, z will happen if she goes.

Any advice to help the process? I'd much rather change sheets in the middle of the night than this!

2. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Does she have a particular spot where she goes and hides when she has to go? My daughter did. I used to put the potty over in her corner with some books and toys and then left her alone. She knew what she was supposed to do, but it was up to her when and if she was going to. So I just left her alone. After awhile I did catch her on the potty reading a book - she finally gave in on her terms, without me hovering over her and making a big deal about it. She would go and sit on it and try to go if my son was around her and playing. But if I was nearby, I don't think she would. It was a definite fear thing with her too.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meaghan, my son had a fear of pooping on the potty. Really, the only thing that helped him was being patient. I made up poop songs (Everybody Poops to the tune of Everybody Hurts) and I would let him come in the bathroom with me to see that I did it with no problem and so did everyone else.

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Dealing with the same thing here with DS. We started potty training a month ago now, and he's been pooping in his underwear since. Shockingly yesterday morning he actually pooped a bit on the potty and I was shocked. I'm guessing we just have to give it time, it's so frustrating though.