Let's talk costumes!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MichelleL, Sep 30, 2011.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

What are your littles (hmmm...can I still use that word in 5-11? :lol: ) dressing up as for Halloween?

Lauren: Dorothy
    Emma: Strawberry Shortcake

I purchased a Dorothy dress on clearance for $4 at Wal-M shortly after last Halloween and the girls decided that Lauren would use that costume for this year. I wish her hair was going to be long enough to braid it, but it won't, so I think I'll go for the "beauty shop" look and put the bow on top of her head with the curls. She has had her "Toto" picked out since last November. :laughing:

Emma decided days after that, that she would be Strawberry Shortcake. Emma said she does NOT want the wig with the costume so we're going to buy some pink hairspray to put in her hair. :D

They are both very excited to wear them!

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Michelle, they will be soo cute!

Nicholas is going to be brainy smurf and Seamus is going to be a tae kwon do guy! I am thrilled with Seamus' choice since we just started tae kwon do so he will wear what he wears to class! So I just have to buy Nicholas' smurf. And Katherine will wear what the boys wore as infants...an elephant.

3. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Both of my girls initially wanted to be Sharpay this year but after watching the new Barbie movie they decided to be Blair from Princess Charm School. LOL!

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kaelyn wants to be Lego Indiana Jones <_< Her big bro was Indiana Jones last year so she wants to wear his costume. *I* want her to be a cowgirl, since she's ALL into cowgirls and horse's right now. So, I bought her an adorable cowgirl costume for her birthday party tomorrow! I'm hoping she'll change her mind...but right now she's set on Indy! :crazy:

5. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Aaron wants to be Captain Rex from Star Wars, the Clone Wars.

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Ben will finally leave his annual Star Wars costume, and is going to be a swamp monster (Target). Hannah is going to be Taylor Swift. We found an inexpensive gold, sequined dress (like her Sparks Fly dress), I bought her a wavy blonde wig, and she will carry a microphone. I will probably draw a 13 on her hand, write lyrics down her arm, and apply bright red lipstick...for the finishing touches of course! They are so excited.

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We are having 3 clowns in our house. And much to my oldest DS's delight, DH said they can decorate his Jeep Wrangler like a clown car for trick or treating! :laughing:

1 person likes this.
  8. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Jori--your husband is a saint. I want to see photos when that happens. I might steal this idea for next year.

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I bought L&L costumes for Christmas last year, for the dressup box. Lila will be Tinkerbell and Luke has this costume from Cars.

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Angie is going to be Batgirl and Tony is Spiderman. :good: We had a birthday/costume party in May ( :huh: Weird, I know) but I had to buy the costumes then so they are wearing them now too. :good: Baby Alex will be wearing pumpkin pj's.

11. MichelleL

LOVE these ideas!! :wub: I think we should start another thread after to share pics. :Clap:

12. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

My kids are heavily into dress up, so our costume trunk has several. The boys (almost 6 years old) are either going to be Captain America, a pirate, Spiderman, or a T-Rex. I think Spiderman and the T-Rex will be the winners by the time Halloween comes around. My 7 year old daughter is going to be a Barbie princess, which is weird (imo) because she is anti-princess stuff right now. Go figure.

13. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I bought costumes end of year last year so hey will be Cinderella(wedding dress-Jess) and jasmine(jazz :p)

14. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Isabel (8)is going as Hermoine from Harry Potter. Abby is going to be Strawberry Shortcake and Gabe is going to be a Ninja.

15. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Bought costumes last weekend (we're earlybirds). Allison is Supergirl, Sarah is Spidergirl.

16. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Timothy is going to be Luigi. Sarah is wearing an outfit from India. She's excited because I'm going to let her wear make-up and jewels on her face for Halloween.

Marissa

17. MichelleL

Coolest mom ever! :D

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Abby is going as Dorothy also - a co-worker of Tony's gave us a HUGE bag of costume/dress up stuff from her granddaughter and Dorothy was in there! All I need to do is get the red shoes at Walmart or something...she has an old Easter basket and will put her stuffed Chihuahua puppy in it...Ian's still up in the air...he vacillates between Buzz lightyear (again) and a pirate (also again from 2 years ago)...

19. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My two are going Star Wars this year. One is going as Anakin, the other as Obi-Wan. They want me to dress up as Padme when she's pregnant but I can't find that particular outfit and don't have the patience to make one right now! Plus I doubt I'll be up for walking around the neighborhood that night anyway. I might try to convince my husband to dress up as Qui-Gon Jinn or something..

20. MichelleL

Amy...we got shoes at WalM for just $10! Definitely try there first.

21. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Grace is going to be a princess witch (got her costume already). And Lily wants to be a bat. I need to make her costume. We have a bat headpiece to use, but I need to figure out the wings.

We saw a pirate princess costume at Costco last week and I thought for sure Lily would change her mind and go with that, but no such luck. ;)

22. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Jayden will be Harry Potter again for a second year in a row. Since it's his second year he will be Harry Potter from the Chamber of Secrets .. I'm thinking about having him carry around a fake snake instead of a wand.
    Jesse is undecided .. as usual. I'm going to have to take him to costume world and see if he comes across something he likes. :)