little girl's vanity - dust catcher or fun???

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by stephabeanie, Dec 4, 2006.

1. stephabeanie

stephabeanie Well-Known Member

we are pretty much finished with the girls' christmas, but now i am stressing because the girls seem like they would LOVE a pretend vanity... they are always playing with my makeup, pretending to dry eachother's hair, pretending to paint nails, etc... but i am afraid that it would become a dust collector.

the girls have a very small kitchen set, and in order to get the vanity, i'd have to do away with the kitchen. it is NOT a big, extravagant kitchen - very small and really doesn't get used at all. they just aren't "kitchen" girls, i guess. Their outside playhouse does have a kitchen in it, so they'll still get the pretend play there...

any thoughts???? i'd probably do just a generic type vanity, and then do a cinderella / mermaid accessory set to go with it... waste of money??? or a good idea???

thanks!

2. stephabeanie

stephabeanie Well-Known Member

we are pretty much finished with the girls' christmas, but now i am stressing because the girls seem like they would LOVE a pretend vanity... they are always playing with my makeup, pretending to dry eachother's hair, pretending to paint nails, etc... but i am afraid that it would become a dust collector.

the girls have a very small kitchen set, and in order to get the vanity, i'd have to do away with the kitchen. it is NOT a big, extravagant kitchen - very small and really doesn't get used at all. they just aren't "kitchen" girls, i guess. Their outside playhouse does have a kitchen in it, so they'll still get the pretend play there...

any thoughts???? i'd probably do just a generic type vanity, and then do a cinderella / mermaid accessory set to go with it... waste of money??? or a good idea???

thanks!

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I think it sounds like a cute idea! Mine would just climb on it, but they're alot younger than yours [​IMG]

4. doms_3_roses

doms_3_roses Well-Known Member

I think its a good idea. My oldest still loves playing with her vanity and she's 7.

5. TwinhadTwins

TwinhadTwins Well-Known Member

My girls love thiers. They have the barbie set with the blow dryer and curling iron. They love it. It is so cute and they do something with their vanity every day.

6. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

quote:
    I think its a good idea. My oldest still loves playing with her vanity and she's 7.

Ditto here...I say go for it! Little girls love stuff like that!

7. Colie

Colie Well-Known Member

My 4 year old loves the Ariel vanity but since she is already getting some big xmas gifts I got her a table top vanity at walmart for $9.98 I think, in the generic section...I figure she could use it anywhere and was alot less expensive..just a thought.