LO can't fall asleep

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Sep 15, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

one of my little guys needs to be held before he can fall asleep. he does the eye rub and then all hell will break lose if you dont hold him a certain way. lol.
    i've tried putting him down in his crib when he shows signs of sleepiness but it doesnt work.

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

He is still pretty young, especially when you adjust his age. :hug: Will he fall asleep in the swing or the bouncy seat? Mine wouldn't fall asleep on their own until they were quite a bit older & we did CIO.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

When can you put him down? Only when he is dead out? Could you try starting him 10 mins early and maybe put him down before he does the eye rub? I find that if I hold/do too much mine don't drift to sleep as easily as when I just wrap them up, rock them for 5 minutes and tell them good night.

4. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

Mine little guy liked being bundled up tight and he still does. It may take a while but hang in there :)

5. sweetypies

sweetypies Well-Known Member

Mine started to fall asleep alone around 5.5 - 6 months. At 3-4 months we were still rocking them to sleep. For naps I rocket them in their bounces, where they were sleeping, and at night we held them. Now I just put them in the crib for naps and at night and let them cry. I go from time to time to rub their backs, but usually they fall asleep within the first 15 min. Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to tell you it gets better. I did a little bit of CIO but mine didn't cry more than 30 minute. I wouldn't let them cry longer.Now they started to STTN.

6. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

hes so precious. it only takes him about 5-7 mins to fall asleep. he rubs his face all over my chest and whines.

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My dd (ds fell asleep on his own from birth) didn't fall asleep on her own until she was about 6 months old. You little guy is still young, enjoy the cuddle time. :wub:

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My boys were still sleeping in the swing and bouncy at that point. Snuggle and rock him. He'll learn how to fall asleep on his own soon enough.