looking for humidifier recommendations

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dezmitch, Apr 28, 2009.

1. dezmitch

dezmitch Well-Known Member

I have one with a fan on it -- it's a pain in the butt to maintain. Any suggestions for easy ones that work well?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just have a cheapy $20 cold water vaporizer from Target. Is that what kind you're looking for?

3. dezmitch

looking for one that is easy to clean and maintain. The one I have right now is kind of a pain in the butt when it comes to cleaning.

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

We use the VICK's minus the smelly stuff. Works great for us. I just keep an empty pitcher in the kitchen and put in some salt before bed. When Aurora wakes in the middle of the night, I fill the pitcher while I'm making her bottle and then refill the humidifier and it lasts until morning.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We use the Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier. It does have a spot to place the vapor pads inside if you need to use the pads, you can run the humidifier without the pads. I really like that humidifier because it is easy to maintain and does not get moldy.

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Apr 28 2009, 09:59 PM) [snapback]1292584[/snapback]
    We use the Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier. It does have a spot to place the vapor pads inside if you need to use the pads, you can run the humidifier without the pads. I really like that humidifier because it is easy to maintain and does not get moldy.

We have the same one. Seems to work well.

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I had one from Walgreens, worked just fine.

Now I have the opposite problem, running 5 dehumidifiers every day of the week ...

8. dezmitch

We have a vicks cool mist humidifier too -- but it's the cheapy one. There's many options. Maybe I just need to upgrade to an ultrasonic version. I may even buy a sound machine from brookstone so that I don't have to run the humidifier all the time. Just want something to drown out noise. thanks for the replies

9. erwelch

erwelch Well-Known Member

We have the wal-mart warm mist one and haven't had any problems with it. I like it better than the cool mist b/c there is less bacteria growth. You have to keep it clean and keep the heating element free of buildup but that only takes a few minutes a week. I run one in each bedroom at night and think it helps with a bunch of sinus related stuff.

10. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i also have the vicks ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. it is awesome and requires very little maintenance. i hate the fan kind, they are a real PITB to clean and the filter thing just grosses me out.