Lower abdominal strain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by watersurfers, Apr 9, 2009.

1. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel this? I am almost 24 weeks, and look about 34 weeks! LOL. I have been feeling a pain, not sharp or severe, but more like a pulled muscle feeling in my lower abdomen. I am sure it is just my body adapting to this INCREDIBLE stretching (and will of course mention it to my doctor at the next visit regardless). Just wondering if anyone else has felt this with their growing bellies! ;)

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes! :hug: I remember feeling that way and it was all my belly just growing! :eek: I hope the pain eases up for you soon. :hug:

3. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes I still have to freeze in the middle of the night if I move too fast. I get the sharp needle pain either on my left or right side.

4. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Yes, moving from one side to the other in bed is so hard! I have to sit up, then roll over or else I have the worst pain in the side!

5. quervo11/10

quervo11/10 Member

QUOTE(mollyelizabeth @ Apr 10 2009, 12:29 AM) [snapback]1266920[/snapback]
    Does anyone else feel this? I am almost 24 weeks, and look about 34 weeks! LOL. I have been feeling a pain, not sharp or severe, but more like a pulled muscle feeling in my lower abdomen. I am sure it is just my body adapting to this INCREDIBLE stretching (and will of course mention it to my doctor at the next visit regardless). Just wondering if anyone else has felt this with their growing bellies! ;)

I the same thing and my doctor recommend the belly belt it just relieves the stress on your back.It helped alot

6. lorinboyett

lorinboyett Well-Known Member

I have a lower pain in my uterus and it is always in the same spot. I have been having it since about 23 weeks. My dr just came to the conclusion that its probably just a tender/sore spot in my uterus where the girls have kicked too hard/too much. Which that is the spot where they both like the have their kicking matches! lol hope you feel better

7. jranger05

jranger05 Well-Known Member

Im no doctor, but the pain your describing sounds alot like round ligament pain. Its really common in any pregnancy, multiple or singleton. Basically, its just the ligaments holding your uterus stretching to accomodate the growth. It's nothing to really worry about, but if you can feel a lump from the outside of your tummy, it could be an inguinal hernia, which can make pregnancy really uncomfortable. It's another joy of pregnancy, though it is less common than round ligament pain. If it is really bothersome, I'd recommend bringing it up at your next OB/MW appt. Most of the time, the hernia will dissipate on its own once you have delivered, but on rare occasion, surgical excision is needed.

Just remember, don't try to push through any pain. Pain is your bodies way of telling you something is wrong. basically, if it hurts, don't do it!! lol

8. jbritt325

jbritt325 Well-Known Member

I agree with PP. Sounds like round ligament pain. I had a bout with that last weekend and I could hardly walk! I read something on here about wrapping your lower belly and back with an ACE bandage for support. That helped me a LOT! I do plan on getting a maternity support belt as soon as my refund gets in though! lol

Hope you find some relief!