Madeline Grace Gunsalus is here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Momto1now3, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Momto1now3

Momto1now3 Well-Known Member

She arrived at 1:21 pm weighing 6 lbs and measuring 19 inches long. I had debated about the who VBAC thing, but thought I would give it a try. They started me on cervadil at 1:00 this morning. I was about 2 cm when they did that. Around 9 this morning they checked me again and I was 3 cm. They broke my water, what was left of it, at 10ish. They also started me on a very low pitocin. Checked again at 12 ish and I was still 3. My dh went down to get something to eat and when he came back the contractions started getting closer and harder. I was trying to wait on the epidural because I didn't want it to interfer with labor. At 1 they checked me again and I was 7. Yes, 3 to 6 in less than an hour. No wonder it was gettng hard. I decided then that maybe I had reached my epidual point and they came in to do it. As soon as I set up to get it I knew I didn't have time. I had to push. The nurse laid me back down and check me and said "the baby is here, get the dr." Needless to say, my wondering what natural childbirth is all about is over. The nurse told me the worst part would be the burning, but once that was over it good. She was right. Anyway, enough about that and on to the baby info. She was taken to level two nursery because she had labored breathing. She is on a c pap machine. They did a check extra and her lungs were fine. They think that maybe she is not producing what keeps the lungs moist so she has to really work to breath. She was 36 weeks so they think that maybe she is just responding a little younger than that. Only time will tell. I am about to go down and check on her again. Our oldest son was here and he has done great with it all, but of course he was here though the twins birth and hospital stay too. I really feel sorry for the twins. They are so excited to meet their baby sister, but they aren't going to be able to. I don't know how to explain to them where the baby is when we go home without her. We are praying that things progress well and her stay will be short. Thanks for all the good wishes. Please keep Madeline in your prayers - all of us.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your little girl! What a beautiful name! i hope she gets to come home soon! Take care of yourself!

3. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

Congrats on your baby girl! I hope her stay is short and uneventful.

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Congrats on your NATURAL VBAC!! That's awesome! I love her name...beautiful! My DH's aunt/uncle just had a baby and they picked the same name! I hope she gets to come home soon! COngrats again!

5. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I hope she gets to come home to you soon!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :birthday: SWEET GIRL!!!!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

A huge congratulations to you!!! :banana:

That is so awesome that you had a natural VBAC!! WTG!!

I can't wait to hear more updates!!

8. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I LOVE her name!! Congratulations on your natural VBAC!! :birthday: Madeline!!

9. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl! We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and I hope she comes home in a few days. :D Congrats again!

10. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

Congratulations. :birthday:
    Hope your little girl is back home with you very soon.

11. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your sweet little girl.

12. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Congrats!! I am sure she will have only a short stay in the NICU. Sounds like she is doing great though. I know the NICU can be scary (been there, done that), but before you know it she will be home with you all. :hug99:

14. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Congrats! I 'm happy to hear things went well for the birth! Congrats on the V-BAC! As for little Madeline, we will keep her in our prayers, rest assured she will be fine with hopefully only a short stay! My twins had all the same issues at 34 weeks and stayed in the NICU for only seven days (not all to do with thier lungs...mostly a temperature issue ..they couldn't maintain a decent temp without the warmer..as for the lungs; they were unintubated and off the C-PAP in 48 hours. So I hope the same success for your little cherub! Congrats again and enjoy your new little girl!!

15. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I'm sooo glad everything turned out fine. I was worried about you. I didn't want to say anything so late in the game (I figured it would just make you worry without really being able to do much about it.) but induction with cervical ripening gels for vbac is a really bad idea. It actually increases the rupture rate quite significantly. I'm sooo glad it all worked out for you. Doctors used to do it all the time for vbac, but I'm really surprised your doctors did it for you...most docs who allow vbacs will never induce unless the cervix is already 3 or better and even then only with pitocin to get contractions going. But aren't you glad you didn't know all this before you had your little one!! Congrats on your little girl...and congrats on a successful vbac!! I hope she's doing well quickly so that you are all able to go home healthy and happy.

16. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! I am so happy all is well. I will continue to pray for your little girl!~

17. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. Hope her stay will be a short one and she can be home with the family soon.

18. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!

19. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

Congrats on your baby girl!! And congrats on your successful VBAC, you are braver than I to do it without pain meds!!

I will also keep Madeline in my thoughts and hope you are able to take her home soon!!

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Congratulations on the arrival of Madeline!!! :wub: Hopefully her stay will be very short!! :hug99: Just tell the twins that she's still with the doctors who are taking care of her for a few days.