mash-ups (the squeeze containers of babyfood)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Sep 3, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i just picked up some plum organics...they are the baggies of pureed baby food and the kids can squeeze them in their mouths.
    i wanted to try and give the kids this as a snack from time to time. any tips on teaching them how to squeeze them into their mouths? my one son just sucks it through the hole like a straw. the other squuezes them and a RIDICULOUS amount of food comes out, lol.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two loved these things! I had them model me with using it, I would take a sip and then they took a turn. It took a while but they eventually got it.

3. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

OK TODAY I GAVE THEM TO THE KIDDIES and they SUCKED it down in a matter of seconds. no joke; the WHOLE thing was gone in under 2 mins, hahaahahahaha!!!
    they SCREAMED when i took the empty pouches away! i did them as a snack. is that a good snack you think?

eta - because of their colds today i wanted to get lots of fruit and vitamins in them. ;)

4. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good snack to me. I gave something similar to my kids (a Trader Joe's applesauce pouch) at the doctor's office when we had to wait FOREVER. DD squeezed it all over the exam room floor! My kids do love them, though.