Massive size difference!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Shoshana, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Shoshana

Shoshana Well-Known Member

Ok, when they were born, Sean was 1 1/2 lbs bigger than Dylan. Now Sean is 4lbs bigger and an inch taller!

What was the difference when they were born and what is it now?

Thanks for answering!

Shoshana

2. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

:laughing: I got you beat!! At birth, see my siggy. Now, Evan is about 34 1/2 lbs and 35 inches. Ava is 25 lbs and 33 1/2 inches. He is my sumo wrestler :rotflmbo:

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Cindy-you may hold the record there. :)

Trevor was 2 in. longer at birth, and 1 lb. bigger than Emilie. Now they are the same height pretty much, but he is 3 lbs. heavier.

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

at birth Ian was a lb heavier and a half inch taller - now he's an inch and a half taller and at least 3-4 lbs bigger than Abby

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

K&K were just over a pound different at birth, at their last appointment they were just shy of 30 pounds different yup, not a typo 30 pounds.

6. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Mine are (atleast at thier last appt) very similar in size, dd was about 1in taller but they weighed the exact same amnt!

7. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gatormommy @ Dec 27 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]547786[/snapback]
    :laughing: I got you beat!! At birth, see my siggy. Now, Evan is about 34 1/2 lbs and 35 inches. Ava is 25 lbs and 33 1/2 inches. He is my sumo wrestler :rotflmbo:

Wow!!!!

My girl was 6 pounds at birth and my boy was 6 1/2 pounds. Now, SHE is 3 pounds heavier than he is...she is an eating machine!!

8. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]mine were born 5.12 (Joshie) and 6.5 (Katie) She was 3/4 in taller. They have always been within a pound or so of each other their length evened up at times, but between 9-12 months Katie gained over an inch on him and just kept going lol Last checkup she was 1 lbs bigger and a tad over 2 inches taller[/SIZE]

9. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kj2racing @ Dec 27 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]547929[/snapback]
    K&K were just over a pound different at birth, at their last appointment they were just shy of 30 pounds different yup, not a typo 30 pounds.

I think u win Dianne

About 4 pounds difference here. When born just 3oz apart

10. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My ds was 1/2 inch taller than dd at birth, but she was 3 oz heavier than him (water weight). Now she is 2 lbs heavier than he is but he is still taller.

11. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

My girls were 6 oz apart at birth and are now maybe 1 pound apart-currently 22 and 23 pounds according to the doctor's "big girl" scale dressed w/o shoes but exactly the same 22.6 on my scale lol in just a diaper. They were 1/4 inch apart in height. They've usually been been within a pound of each other.

12. SharonH

SharonH Well-Known Member

Mine were about 4 oz different as birth and now it's about 4 lbs! DS is solid and DD is a little noodle.

13. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

About 8 ounces different at birth. Traded back and forth for who was bigger until one started getting ear infections. Now, B is older by 4 minutes, bigger by 4 pounds.

14. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

At birth DS was 1 pound, 2 ounces heavier than DD. Now he is about 2 inches taller and weighs 29.5 pounds...DD weighs in at 24.5 pounds.

15. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

They were 1 inch difference at birth and 8 ozs. Madison being the slightly larger one.
    Now M is 4-5 lbs heavier (depending on if she is eating for a growth spurt which happens very often) and 2 1/2 inches taller than T.

16. Dani J.

Dani J. Well-Known Member

DS was 6.11 lbs, 18 1/4 inches @ birth
    DD was 6.4 lbs, 18 inches @ birth

NOW:

DS is 40 inches, 32.4 lbs (as of last week)
    DD is 42 inches, 34.8 lbs (as of last week)

People have actually asked when she'll be 5! :shok: My response is usually "well, she needs to turn 4 first" LOL

17. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

B&H were almost a pound and a half apart at birth, but the same length. At one, they were about 8 pounds apart and Ben was an inch taller. At two, they were 10 pounds apart, and Ben was about an inch and a half taller. I haven't weighed them lately, but my guess is that they are still close to 10 pounds apart if not more.

18. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

At birth Rachel was 7lbs 4oz and Rebekah was 7lbs 2 oz and were 19in and 18-1/2in tall consecutively. Now Rachel is approx 24lbs and Rebekah approx 22lbs and I'm not sure of height, but it looks like Rachel is about 1 to 1-1/2 in. taller than Rebekah. So, there's a difference, but not a lot. Although it is noticable and some people are surprised they are twins because Rachel looks so much bigger they think she is the older one.

19. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I probably have the most different ids. Jazz is 36 inches and 30 lbs and Jess is 34 inches and 24.5 lbs. At birth they were 2 inches and almost 2 lbs

20. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

At birth, the boys (fraternal) were the same length and Ethan was 1 lb 2 oz lighter than Jackson. At their 2 year WBV, Ethan was 5.5 lbs heavier and 1/2 inch shorter than Jackson.

21. jwozy

jwozy Well-Known Member

At birth mine were the same in length but ds was almost a pound heavier. At their 3.5 year check up ds was 42 inches and 40 pounds and dd was 39 inches and 35 pounds so 3 inches and 5 pounds difference and they've been like that sinche around 18 months.

22. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

My guys are way different in size.

Zack weighs 44 pounds and Jack weighs 39 I think. Zack wears a 5T and Jack a 4T.

23. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

At birth, Elizabeth was 7 ounces heavier and 1/4 inch shorter than Grace. (E was 7lbs and 19 inches long. G was 6lbs9oz and 19 1/4 inches long. At their two year appointment, Elizabeth was 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier than Grace. (E was around 35 pounds and 38 inches tall and G was 30 pounds and 36 inches tall.)

24. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

When P&E were born Peyton was 4oz and 1/4in bigger then Eli. Now Eli is 2oz and 1/4in bigger. So still very close.

25. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

My guys were 2lbs2oz apart and 1.75 inches apart, Now they are roughly 3 inches and 5lbs

26. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Ryan was 3 oz heavier and .5" longer than Sofia. We haven't had a checkup in almost a year, but he is about 2-3" taller and about 5 lbs heavier than she is.

27. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

The girls were 1 inch and 1.6 lbs apart at birth. By age one they were 2 inches and 3 lbs apart. At age 4, their height has almost evened out but their weight is still 2 lbs different.

My girls are identical. :)

28. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Shoshana @ Dec 27 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]547776[/snapback]
    Ok, when they were born, Sean was 1 1/2 lbs bigger than Dylan. Now Sean is 4lbs bigger and an inch taller!

What was the difference when they were born and what is it now?

Thanks for answering!

Shoshana

At birth they weighed Jack - 4lb 5 and Sophie - 3lb 4 so there was a 1lb 1oz weight difference.

Now they weigh at 20 months Jack - 26lb 10 and Sophie 19lb1 so there is a 7lb 9 weight difference between them now!

There is also about 3inches height difference and Jack wears a size 6 shoe and Sophie wears a size 3!!!

29. lancetara

lancetara Member

Lance and Tara were born on July 29, 2005. Lance was 19 inches long and was 6lb 13 oz. Tara was 17 inches and was 5lbs 12 oz. Now at nearly 2 1/2 yrs Lance is 31.5 lbs and 35 inches and Tara is 23 lbs and 32 inches. So a 7 1/2 lb difference and a 3 inch differnce in hight.
    As for shoe size Lance is wearing a 9 and Tara only wears a 6!

What a fun thread!
    Amy

30. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Hi

We don't compare to the 30 lbs difference but there is a 10 lbs difference and 2 inches. My son was born at 6 lbs 6 ozs and now weighs about 35 lbs and at last check, was 36 1/2 lbs (at 2 year check up). My daughter weighed 4 lbs 15 ozs at birth and now weighs about 25 lbs (24 and some change) and is 34 1/2 inches. As for shoe sizes, 9 1/2 XW for the boy and 7 1/2/ 8 M for the girl. Both appear to be going through a growth spurt so we are just hoping to keep up. Oh yeah, clothing, size 2T for the girl and 4T/5T for the boy.

31. PK

PK Active Member

my girls were the same in length and only 1 oz different. Now one is 9lbs heavier and 3 inches taller. I am always asked...how far apart are they???

32. PK

PK Active Member

QUOTE(PK @ Dec 31 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]552109[/snapback]
    my girls were the same in length and only 1 oz different. Now one is 9lbs heavier and 3 inches taller. I am always asked...how far apart are they???

oh ya, my peanut is 3.5 and is 27 lbs and is wearing 18 month shorts the bigger one is in 4T......Crazy

33. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

At birth, Chloe was 7lbs 3ozs and Cole was 4lbs 6ozs. They have pretty much kept that difference, see their current stats in my sig...

34. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Kelly was 5 lb 1 oz and 17-1/2" long.... now she is 42 lbs.

Kaitlyn was 5 lb 11-1/2 oz and 18-1/2" long... now she is 44 lbs.

They are both the same height.

35. whosermomma

whosermomma Well-Known Member

:lol: look at the difference in my siggy...

Now Sarah is 28 lbs 4 oz and

Elijah is 36 lbs and 8 oz

He is also about 4 inches taller.

He has always been a lot bigger than her.