measuring double

Discussion in 'General' started by mamabear5, Feb 21, 2009.

1. mamabear5

mamabear5 Well-Known Member

Well Im just 8 weeks and 2 days and Im measuring 16 weeks and 20 when I have to pee in the am. I havent been able to get heartbeats yet. So still waiting to see how many we are having. Im just scared to death we are having 4 like in my dream. My poor 5 foot small framed body will burst!!! Midwife is not to concerned with it just yet. I have a history of twins so "were due for another set" lol. Bad news is we have to sell my porshe (aka van) if I am. My porshe only holds 8 and I will have 8 kids. Eldest will be 10 in april so Im not to comfortable with letting him stay home alone when we are at the dr. So we are looking at 15 passenger vans. Im HUGE I was out of my regular clothes at 5 weeks. Im in maternity clothes already. I now have morning noon and night sickness and could sleep all day every day. I cant breath at night and my hips are soft and hurt already so that is another sign. SO who knows. We are excited but very nervious at finding out if we have more than twins. We will need to have an ob that deals with high order mutiples and cant have a homebirth and we will 100% have to have a c section. So we are just praying only twins but be very thanful for what ever we get to have.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh wow! Will you have an u/s?

3. mamabear5

I most likely will. But not sure when. Its all up to the midwife realy. Im set up to see her around march 23. Unless I call her I need her sooner.

4. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

Dang Beth.....send some twin/triplet/whatever dust my way! LOL! I'm excited for you!!!! Can't wait to find out! March 23rd seems like forever and a day away.

We found out the other day that a friend's niece just had spontaneous trips. They'd only been married for a year and she was on the pill! LOL! Needless to say, it shocked them all.

5. room4moooore

room4moooore Well-Known Member

WOW! WOW! WOW! and I guess a 4th WOW!? Congrats, and here's to a H&H 9 months.

I for one think you need to get a u/s right away, I'm dying of curiosity already. Maybe you should do a poll and we can vote on it...lol.

6. mamabear5

Got heart beat(s) not sure how many. There is no way I got over 2. This child(ren) is/are so active i couldnt hold the beat for more than 30 seconds. Very strong and healthy. It doesnot help I just got up from a nap then chugged 8 oz mt dew. So the baby(ies) were hyped up lol. I need to get more gel Im just about out. Not to mention the baby hates the doppler. The baby was under my pulse half way between my pelvis and belly button. Second I may have heard was down by my pelvis. I just wish i had an u/s machine lol.

7. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

that's exciting. you gotta find an U/S machine though!!

8. Don2worrybhappy

Don2worrybhappy Well-Known Member

Congrats! How exciting to have twins again. Can you post a belly pic? I want to see that beautiful belly.

9. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Oh i am excited for you!! Please keep us updated x

10. mamabear5

I was looking on e-bay and seen a hand held ultrsound machine. It is for a vet. I was thinking HUMMMM how can I convince dh to spend all our extra money (1900) on this machine. Can easly tell if the goats and pigs are bred. And then see whats in me lol. It would never happen but man sometimes you gotta love E-bay. LOL

11. twoplustwo

:laughing: love Ebay!!

12. mamabear5

Well Midwife wants me to have an u/s before I come to see her. Depending on how may and how the sacks and placentas look is the #1 factor of weither or not we will get a home birth. Or if God for bid there is some other problem that I am so very large.
    I have a pic of my belly and need help on how to post it. Or if y'all want i'll just post it to my blog and just got there to see it. I think it would be far easyer for me to post it to my blog.
    This am when I finaly became coheriant I flipped to my back and had the biggest 4 mth looking belly lol. Kids loved it but I had to warn them "push on my belly and you clean the bed" lol. They let me up to pee.
    Dh is settting up the appt with the back up dr. as I type this far less chance of screaming and the receptionest and dr. can make out what my husband is saying. Ill keep y'all updated.

13. mamabear5

Well the clinic will not do an u/s till 20/25 weeks. I need to look up u/s boutiques.

14. room4moooore

Does your midwife have any u/s connections? I know when I measured big last time my midwife called around and found a guy that did u/s out of his house for local midwives. I know it sounds kinda weird, but he was a u/s tech by day and had bought a u/s machine of his own to do it on the side for a little extra income, so it was all very professional.

Good luck, I know how hard it is to wait and wonder!!

15. mamabear5

Michele That is a very good Idea. I just sent her an e-mail and put it in her court as to what is our next move. So lets hope she has something in mind.
    I for one would love to be an utltrasound tech and have my own machine to make some cash. It is big buisness now a days. One us here is 1,500+ that was over 6 years ago for the twins.

16. room4moooore

WOW! That's expensive. We got ours for $100. or $125. ?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she has an affordable option for you!

17. kymbahlee

kymbahlee Well-Known Member

To get an early u/s can't you just pretend you are really unsure of your dates? Tell the midwife you might be further along than you think (esp. if you are measuring bug), the more you think about it you have no idea when you are due!

18. mamabear5

My computer is acting up so I havent been able to load up my belly pics. I sent one via my cell phone to my sister and her response was "oh my dear God". My husband jumped when he seen "the belly" when he got home from work after being gone a week. He started to rub it and said " what is going on in there" I have gained 10 lbs already and im realy not eating more than normal I think im eating less due to getting full very fast. Im attempting to graze threw out the day. I want to call my old midwife and see if she can sneek me in for a fast scan. We may just have to bite the bullet and such half of our hsa out and get a "golden scan".

19. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Bite the bullet LOL! We are all sooo curious now as to what is going on in your belly too! Do twins run in your family or higher order multiples?

20. twoplustwo

just keep checking in to see if you've been able to get a scan done. Just tell them the ladies at TS want to know!!!! They should scheudle you right away knowing that! :laughing:

21. mamabear5

I have been on the phone all day attempting to get information on u/s and getting state ins IF we have more than 2. Talk about throwing the goverment workers for a loop!!!! The were just stammering but you dont want help if there is just 1. Well no I can handle the pg and delivery without help if it is only one. More than 1 and were talking about major bills. Depending on the zigotisy of the babies. Seprate sacks seprate placentas we can still deliver at home. But you throw in the same sack or 2+ babies were talking MAJOR medical bills and if there is 3 or more were talking nicu. I had to leave a message for the supervisor and now Im playing the hurry up and wait game. Im also waiting for my midwife who took care of me with the first set of twins to call me back and see if she can get me in, a scan, and what she knows about the ins.
    BUT I swear I got 2 distinct heartbeats today. DH won't get excited till we see them on the monitor. Can't say as I blame him. I want to know so bad also. I'll update when I get more 411.

22. twoplustwo

wow, my head is spinning! Keep us updated!!! oh the anticipation!!!

23. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Oh my gosh, i am so excited to know!!! :D [/SIZE]

24. mamabear5

I have a pic on my blog now. If you wanna see my belly at 8w 4d

25. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

I love your belly pic! I cant wait to hear what you are going to have! I wanted to ask do you have private clinics that do 3D ultrasound there? They can do an ultrasound any time, here any way it might be worth looking into rather than waiting another couple of months. Good Luck!

26. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

You know it just hit me...the reason you have cause for so much wondering! You did have an ID pregnancy that didn't make it and then you ended up having your frats. So you very realistically could have triplets at one point or another. Popping out 2 eggs and then 1 splitting again. That'd be so cool. I got your email earlier. THanks so much for the link. I can hardly wait to look around on there again!!! I'm excited for you be it 1 or 4 babies. LOL!

27. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

wow! that's your 8 week belly??? sheesh! Either that baby's got a whole lot of swimming space or you're DEFINITELY carrying twins!
    can't wait for an update!
    I too, have had 2 homebirths and had planned on it with my last pregnancy (before I found out it was twins)... dh really wanted me to get an US to find out if we'd ever have a little girl and so got one at 20 weeks (and was surprised it was twins - I measured exaxtly on schedule for a singleton)... my midwife didn't feel comfortable with doing a homebirth with twins so I finished up with an OB. I just went to a Medical Imaging place (they got me in right away - the same week I called...) and it was right around $250. Good luck on getting an US!

28. twoplustwo

Holy 8 week belly batman!! Now I REALLY want you to go get an US ASAP!!!!

29. mamabear5

im adding more pics we just took today. I lost my feet. lol

30. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

unbelievable!!
    Your thoughts os a "quad squad" just might be true!!! :)

31. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Wow!! I am so curious now to see how many babies you've got in that belly! Great pics and keep us updated!!

32. room4moooore

OH WOW! Are you SURE you have your dates right? That is one huge 9wk belly. Have you measured your fundal height??

33. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Wowzers! You weren't joking!!! And your midwife isn't concerned? Just curious could your dates be off?

34. mamabear5

Im 2000% positive about my dates. I did take extra long to finish ovulating. I can feel when I ovulate. SO it is a high chance I double ovulated. My fundle height is at 18 weeks. I havent seen my midwife face to face, just over the phone and emails. We are attempting to get an U/S before I see her. But the plan is march 23rd to see her. Im just not willing to pay the 1,500 the clinic near me wants to do an ultrasound at this point.
    I found the name and number of the ultrasound boutique in appleton wi so Im calling them tomorrow and going to lie about my dates to get a quick scan. I know it is wrong to lie and Im not happy Im about to tell a big lie. But until my other midwife calls me back and can discuss the options. ??????? I need answers!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a bigger fundle height than with the first set of twins. I only measured 4 weeks ahead with Nikita and Neathaneal. Now Im measuring 8-10w ahead. Im not so scared about the quad factor any more. Im terrifyed how will I raise 4 babies the same age. Not to mention breastfeeding is not an option. Formula yuck!!!!!!!!

35. room4moooore

Most of the "for fun" u/s places require a letter of okay from your dr. to even get a u/s. They don't want to see you and be responsible for finding anything wrong and then having to tell you, they want to be able to tell your dr so that he/she can tell you.

Could you go to the ER and say you are having some cramping or something, I know another lie, but it is ridiculous that it is so difficult to get a simple head count u/s without a dr. ...imo.

I'm really surprised your midwife doesn't have any connections for this sort of thing, you can't be her first client to need a u/s?

Can you go ahead and get on the state insurance and then see a dr for the u/s and then decide based on the u/s results where you will continue care? Just because you get on it doesn't mean you have to use it the whole pg, you could just use it to have your 1st ob appointment.

I don't know, I'm just trying to brainstorm here. I keep thinking about you and HOW MANY ARE IN THERE, so I can't imagine how you are feeling, well, I guess I can to a certain degree, but I've never had to wonder if it was actually trips or more!!! You do sound like you are holding up fairly well though, better than I think I would be, talk about obsessive/compulsive kicking in! Good luck, I hope you find a good answer SOON!