Medical Care Preferences

Discussion in 'General' started by miss_bossy18, Jan 19, 2015.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Random query of the day - when you're undergoing medical care (anything from drawing blood up to surgery) do you prefer the medical staff to explain what they're doing every step of the way or do you prefer they just get 'er done without saying much?

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Simple stuff, just get'er done. More complicated stuff, explain it to me, but I don't need someone to over explain it. I tend to get very anxious if things deviate from the norm, so I'd rather understand what the goal of the procedure is and the general ways that they'll go about it, but not specifics or I'll worry if things aren't right and make it worse. I have a reasonable understanding of medical stuff, so I like it when doctors explain things to me in scientific terms about why they're doing things but I don't like it when they talk to me like I am 4 . I just basically expect them to answer my questions respectfully.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I can function either way, but I prefer to understand what is going on. One of my csections I could kind of see a blurry reflection in the overhead light, and that was best for me. It was really easy to understand what was happening. Made me less stressed. I think if I could have watched it, I would have been even better.

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also like watching medical procedures, but I can't watch blood being drawn. weird, I know.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can watch anything happening to anyone else but I can't handle watching my own blood being drawn. :laughing: I definitely like to be told what's happening and when. I feel much better if they prep me (ex "And now you'll feel a little poke") then if they just stab me with the needle. The first results in calm breathing throughout the procedure, the second usually results in me jumping out of my skin and refusing to let said medical care provider anywhere near me again. :pardon:

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Blood draw doesn't bother me at all. I think I could draw my own blood.

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I have a similar thinking as Jen. Simple things like blood draws or shots, just like me know when it's about to go down, but I don't need a detailed explaination. More complicated things require more information. But don't freak me out. Haha. I like to know what to expect and when though.

8. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Yep, same as Jen here, too.

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd be the same as Jen, simple stuff, they do not need to explain everything to me.  The more complex, yes, I would like to know.  

10. JessyN

JessyN Well-Known Member

Hello. How do you take care of your skin? Can you share some tips?

11. SabrinaKeep1

SabrinaKeep1 Well-Known Member

Hey. As for me it is quite simple. I never have any problems with skin but I can definitely say that you should protect it from sun. Also it is good to use some skin care products, try to read about this on health blogs. For example I buy best carrier oil for essential oils and use them, quality is high and effect is good!