~~ Meet the Mama!~~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Mar 8, 2009.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Let's welcome Jenn as this week's Meet the Mama. :Clap: It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Jenn, I grew up in the small town of Ionia, MI and now live in another small town, Higgins Lake, MI, with my beautiful family. I have a wonderful husband named Jerry. We will have been married 4 years this September. I have two daughters. Harleigh, my 10 year old, is a drama queen and my tiny dancer. Madelyn is 8 1/2 (they are 16 months apart) and is an avid animal lover and our little mother hen to our newest addition. Our son James was born April of last year. He is our little ham bone and the "man" of the house. We decided, or it was decided for us after going back and forth, that we would try for one more, giving James a playmate like the girls have had growing up. And well, that is how I ended up on twinstuff.....apparently James talked to the Big Guy and asked him for two playmates!

I currently work full-time as an insurance CSR but, at this time, am not planning on returning after the twins are born. This is a bit scary to me because we really are a two income family but I know we will find a way. I have a strong faith in God and a close relationship with my mother & sister (eventhough they are two hours away) which keeps me going day to day. I guess if there is anything else you would like to know, please ask....I am an open book!

[/SIZE]

2. TwinLove

:wavey: Jenn! I look forward to getting to know you a little better!!

Do you have any names picked out? Care to share?

Here is a format we used in my buddy club and it was a fun way to get started!!

Four Things About Me:

Four things about me that you may or may not have known, in no particular order.

Four jobs I have had in my life:

Four Movies I've Watched More Than Once:

Four Places I Have Lived:

Four Shows That I Watch:

Four Places I Have Been:

Four of My Favorite Foods:

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now: (not in any order)

Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year: (2009?) IN NO ORDER

Enjoy Momma!!

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn & congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!! :yahoo:

How far along are you & do you plan on finding out the sexes of your babies??

How has this pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancy?

We were a 2 income household as well & I never thought we could do it only on one income...but we did :) I did go back to work p/t now that the girls are a year old, but it is amazing how things work out when you need them to :hug:

Looking forward to getting to know you!!

4. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Mar 8 2009, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1219098[/snapback]
    :wavey: Jenn! I look forward to getting to know you a little better!!

Do you have any names picked out? Care to share? We are pretty sure on names...Righty:Johnessa Dawn Lefty:Briar LeeAnne (Johnessa is after both my and DH's g-pa's both named John, middle name after my mom Dawn. LeeAnne is my and DH's middle names combined Lee and JoAnn)
    Here is a format we used in my buddy club and it was a fun way to get started!!

Four Things About Me:

Four things about me that you may or may not have known, in no particular order.

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1.Daycare provider
    2. Substitute Teacher
    3. general laborer @ GM
    4. Office co-manager @ grocery store

Four Movies I've Watched More Than Once:

1. Pretty women
    2. Monsters Inc.
    3. Wedding crashers
    4. All of the Bourne movies

Four Places I Have Lived:

1. Ionia, MI
    2. Allendale, MI
    3. Lyons, MI
    4. Higgins Lake, MI

Four Shows That I Watch:

1. Gossip Girl
    2. The Office
    3. House
    4. ER

Four Places I Have Been:

1. Florida
    2. Steamboat Springs,CO
    3. Delmar, DE
    4. Bath, NY

Four of My Favorite Foods:

1. Brownies
    2. Tacos
    3. Salad
    4. Chinese

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now: (not in any order)

1. Camping w/family
    2. In a warm climate
    3. On a Disney cruise
    4. 38 weeks along giving birth to my twins naturally w/no complications :)

Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year: (2009?) IN NO ORDER

1. Giving birth to the twins
    2. celebrating all my childrens birthdays
    3. not having to go back to work
    4. my son walking & talking

Enjoy Momma!!

5. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Mar 8 2009, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1219263[/snapback]
    Hi Jenn & congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!! :yahoo:

How far along are you & do you plan on finding out the sexes of your babies??

How has this pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancy?

We were a 2 income household as well & I never thought we could do it only on one income...but we did :) I did go back to work p/t now that the girls are a year old, but it is amazing how things work out when you need them to :hug:

Looking forward to getting to know you!!

Hello!

I am 21 weeks & we are having identical twin girls

This pregnancy has been pretty much the same except for the fact that my belly is WAY bigger already which makes it a little more uncomfortable. Emotionally it is totally different as I am constantly worried that something is going to happen to one or both babies.

Thank you for the encouragement reagarding the cut of one income. I am constantly praying that things work out as I know it is best for us at the current time.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn!! Congratulations on Twin Girls! They are so much fun!

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins? Your DH's?

What are you most excited for with twins? Scared of?

Do you plan on dressing them alike?

What do your older daughter think of having younger twin sisters?

7. TwinLove

I love reading about you! :good:

What do you and your husband like to do without the kids? As a family?

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Jenn!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to/been able to eat with this pregnancy?

9. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Mar 8 2009, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1219405[/snapback]
    Hi Jenn!! Congratulations on Twin Girls! They are so much fun!

HI Krystyn, Thank you..we are looking forward to finding out how fun they are!!!

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins? Your DH's? I went in for an u/s at 9wks along thinking it was just for dates as I am nursing my DS and we weren't positive how far along we were and my belly was quite "bloated" already. My husband wasn't able to come to that u/s (which I am bummed about to this day, I would have loved to seen his reaction at that moment) but I invited my dad to come along. The tech asked something about twins running in my family, I answered and then thought...wait, she would only be asking this if....... :lol: and sure enough she showed us two little beans on the screen. I was SHOCKED to say the least. I had every emotion running through my body and just kept laughing (I think to keep from crying) and saying, "oh, my goodness." It took about 10 mins. for me to get myself together and come to the realization that I was carrying two babies. I was surprised at how many days/weeks after I was still finding myself thinking, "wow, we are having twins."
    Now, onto my DH..... :rotflmbo: I brought the u/s CD pics home and waiting for him to get home with the girls. He came in and I said, I have pictures, come to the computer to see them. I brought up the first one, he looked and asked "o.k. so how far along are we?" Went to the next that had both babies showing really well. He looked and asked the same question (not too quick, I know! LOL) Finally I said 9wks, went to the next with the babies labeled and said, "the babies are measuring 9wks", my daughter finally looked up and said, THERE ARE TWO and then he FINALLY got it. You could see panic come over his face immediately, he started to say Oh, f-word but thankfully stopped himself, paced around the room a few times then sat down and began to breath again.
    Glad to say we have both now come to grips with it and are thrilled to have our two bundles on the way!

What are you most excited for with twins? Scared of? Excited for....having two more of the greatest gift God gives us to love and raise, seeing how twins interact differently than my singletons have, the newborn baby smell X2. Scared of......having enough time to give all my children the attention they deserve, having three children in diapers, finances.

Do you plan on dressing them alike? I will probably do this sometimes, although we have so many hand-me-downs coming our way that most of the time I will just pull out whatever fits.

What do your older daughter think of having younger twin sisters? They think it is pretty cool. They look forward to dressing them up b/c "girl clothes are so much cuter than boys stuff." I am just hoping they don't come to the conclusion that since Mom & Dad are busy with three little ones, they can get away with more!! :)

10. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Mar 8 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1219588[/snapback]
    I love reading about you! :good: Thank you....I love reading about people as well, I find everyone's individual stories so interesting!

What do you and your husband like to do without the kids? As a family? w/o the kids, what's that??? :laughing: Well, we are HUGE NASCAR fans so we used to go to the August race just the two of us (we took the kids to the June race) here at MIS, however we did not go last year and of course won't this year. Other than that we like to take in a movie and dinner every once in awhile by ourselves. As a family we love to camp, play board/card games, fish, go to fairs/carnivals, bowling, and waterparks.

11. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Mar 9 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]1219850[/snapback]
    Hi Jenn!

HELLO!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy? I feel like I am eating all the time so I haven't really had any cravings. Although one day early in the pregnancy I did get a craving for pickled bologna.

What food have you not wanted to/been able to eat with this pregnancy? No real food adversions to speak of either. At the beginning of this pregnancy (b4 we even knew it was twins) I had that phase where NOTHING sounded good but I was hungry.

Thanks for all the questions.....I am really enjoying this! Take care.

12. TwinLove

w/o the kids, what's that??? Well, we are HUGE NASCAR fans so we used to go to the August race just the two of us (we took the kids to the June race) here at MIS, however we did not go last year and of course won't this year. Other than that we like to take in a movie and dinner every once in awhile by ourselves. As a family we love to camp, play board/card games, fish, go to fairs/carnivals, bowling, and waterparks.

I know, silly me for asking about going out without kids. :laughing: I like how you guys get out and have fun! :good:

Do you plan on breastfeeding the twins?

13. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Mar 10 2009, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1222831[/snapback]
    I know, silly me for asking about going out without kids. :laughing: I like how you guys get out and have fun! :good:

Do you plan on breastfeeding the twins?

Yes, I am hoping to have my breastfeeding experience w/ the twins go as my previous ones have.....wonderfully. I am a huge breastfeeding advocate (although I understand it is not for everyone) and eventhough some ppl think I am nuts, I know it can be done. I was bummed when my supply decreased during this pregnancy and although we have had to supplement some, my son and I are still going to make it to the one year mark with BF! :banana: I had planned on still doing morning or evening feedings with him for a while but for the fear of PTL I am going to stop at a year.

14. TwinLove

QUOTE(MommaJ @ Mar 11 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1223207[/snapback]
    Yes, I am hoping to have my breastfeeding experience w/ the twins go as my previous ones have.....wonderfully. I am a huge breastfeeding advocate (although I understand it is not for everyone) and eventhough some ppl think I am nuts, I know it can be done. I was bummed when my supply decreased during this pregnancy and although we have had to supplement some, my son and I are still going to make it to the one year mark with BF! :banana: I had planned on still doing morning or evening feedings with him for a while but for the fear of PTL I am going to stop at a year.

:clapping: That is great! Have you seen our breastfeeding forum here on TS? :good:

15. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Mar 11 2009, 11:06 AM) [snapback]1223345[/snapback]
    :clapping: That is great! Have you seen our breastfeeding forum here on TS? :good:

Oh yes, and I am sure I will be visiting that forum often once the twins are born. Both for advice and encouragement to other mommas!