~~Meet The Mama~~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]

Let's welcome Sandy as this week's Meet the Mama. :Clap: It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Sandy and I've been happily married for 6 years to a Corrections Officer in a federal women's prison. I most recently worked in Human Resources for a major airline before being affected by the economy and receiving a lay-off.

We have a 3 year old boy and reside in Canada. I am 38 years old and 22 weeks pregnant with twin boys. My hubby plans to take 6 months paternity leave so I have excellent support from him.

We are excited for the next chapter in our lives.

If you require any additional information, let me know.

Cheers,
    Sandy
    [/SIZE]

2. TwinLove

Welcome Sandy! :hi:

That is wonderful that your husband will be taking off six months to help out. :good:

Have you picked out any names? If so, care to share? :D

What do you and your husband like to do for fun on a date night? As a family?

3. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Feb 22 2009, 03:14 PM) [snapback]1200435[/snapback]
    Welcome Sandy! :hi:

That is wonderful that your husband will be taking off six months to help out. :good:

Have you picked out any names? If so, care to share? :D

What do you and your husband like to do for fun on a date night? As a family?

Well, DH and I haven't come to a name agreement BUT have narrowed it down. I really like Kennan & Marcus. DH likes Sammy and Andy (I told him - Samuel or Anderson on paper tho). We will decide from those I think.

For fun on a date night? We pay our sitter to stay with DS and we usually go out for a nice dinner somewhere. DH is Italian so we go to a spaghetti/pizza house for a nice meal OR a steakhouse/seafood restaurant (my choice) and then we might take in a movie or visit with friends or even shop. Yes DH loves to shop so we have fun!

For family time, we usually go to the park sledding or play hide and seek around our yard. DS loves books and craft type things so we do alot of reading and activity stuff.

DH is a shift worker so we do not get alot of time where 3 of us are all home together....our rare family times are precious to us!

4. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

What does your lil boy think of the idea of twins?

5. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

Hi there! Where in Canada are you right now? I'm in Ontario!

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

6. Little June Bug

QUOTE(agentplatypus @ Feb 22 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1200490[/snapback]
    What does your lil boy think of the idea of twins?

At first he was upset because he just wanted one brother (like his friend at daycare had) but now he says they are "his babies" and every time we go to the doctor for a checkup he asks "are you bringing my babies home today mommy?".

I don't think he REALLY gets it but has some sort of understanding that he's going to be a big brother to 2 babies.

7. Little June Bug

QUOTE(Chicklet @ Feb 22 2009, 04:13 PM) [snapback]1200512[/snapback]
    Hi there! Where in Canada are you right now? I'm in Ontario!

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

Hi fellow canadian! Brrr these days isn't it?

I am in Nova Scotia (I used to live in Kitchener ON many moons ago).

If I could travel anywhere.....probably to Hawaii for a long and pampered stay - soaking up and sun and enjoy learning about the culture (one of many places I would love to visit).

8. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy! :wavey: Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!

Do you have a theme for your nursery for the boys?

Have you had any food cravings with this pregnancy & if so, what are you craving?

9. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Little June Bug @ Feb 22 2009, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1200550[/snapback]
    Hi fellow canadian! Brrr these days isn't it?

If I could travel anywhere.....probably to Hawaii for a long and pampered stay - soaking up and sun and enjoy learning about the culture (one of many places I would love to visit).

Oh my goodness how funny! I'm about 15-20 mins from Kitchener, my dh was raised there!

10. Little June Bug

QUOTE(tamaras @ Feb 22 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1200605[/snapback]
    Hi Sandy! :wavey: Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!

Do you have a theme for your nursery for the boys?

Have you had any food cravings with this pregnancy & if so, what are you craving?

Hi :) No I do not have a theme YET for the nursery. We have the paint colors picked out but all the other stuff is yet to be determined. I'm trying to come up with a nice idea for a cozy and warm room.

Food cravings? Hmm....how about everything? LOL I was diagnosed gestational diabetic from 16 weeks so I am on a very strict diet and cannot indulge in anything I want to eat. As a result, I CRAVE alot of foods - from ice cream to pizza to chocolate eruption cheesecake and Big Macs. I almost cry sometimes BUT the diet is in our best interest AND it's helping to keep my weight wayy down (I gained 55lbs with my DS). To-date, I'm over 22 weeks and gained about 16lbs so far - I'm very happy with that.

When babies arrive, I think I"ll have a major feast on ALL the foods I could not enjoy during the pregnancy. ;)

11. Little June Bug

QUOTE(Chicklet @ Feb 22 2009, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1200679[/snapback]
    Oh my goodness how funny! I'm about 15-20 mins from Kitchener, my dh was raised there!

Small world sometimes isn't it? :)

12. TwinLove

QUOTE(Little June Bug @ Feb 22 2009, 02:33 PM) [snapback]1200457[/snapback]
    Well, DH and I haven't come to a name agreement BUT have narrowed it down. I really like Kennan & Marcus. DH likes Sammy and Andy (I told him - Samuel or Anderson on paper tho). We will decide from those I think.

:good: Nice names!

QUOTE(Little June Bug @ Feb 22 2009, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1200550[/snapback]

I have alot of family and friends in Kitchener! :woohoo:

Do you have alot of family near you?

13. Little June Bug

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Feb 22 2009, 09:13 PM) [snapback]1200795[/snapback]
    :good: Nice names!
    I have alot of family and friends in Kitchener! :woohoo:

Do you have alot of family near you?

Actually I have no family near me. I moved away from my family about 15 years ago and ventured out on my own. I was raised in a very very tiny village of about 250 population and felt very stifled growing up....with no opportunity or exposure to real life, I had the need to just move away....so I saved some $ and hopped on a plane to move to Halifax Nova Scotia. A tiny city but HUGE to me at the time (i have never been in an elevator, escalator, etc...you get the picture). I made a new home there and developed some awsome friendships. I still have regular contact with my family (parents and 3 sisters) but only see them about once every year or two. So DH and I are basically on our own....his elderly parents live about 5 hours away and we see them a couple times a year but I'm sure they will come when babies arrive for a week or so. (sorry, i know you didn't ask for a book answer) ;)

i lived in kitchener for a summer...when i graduated from high school, my then boyfriend and another couple and i moved there for work. we stayed in a basement apartment with NO furniture at all and worked in the factories. i worked in kaufmans (spelling?) footwear making insoles for work boots!!! LOL it lasted about 3 months before we all got homesick and moved back to our little village - the whole town welcomed us back as if we were away at war or something! hahah it was quite an adventure for us (first time on a plane) living on our own. i lived on honer avenue if my memory serves me correctly.

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Sandy!

Wow, that is so great your DH can take off 6 months after the baby is born. :clapping:

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to/not been able to eat with this pregnancy?

15. Little June Bug

QUOTE(summerfun @ Feb 23 2009, 09:35 AM) [snapback]1201199[/snapback]
    Hi Sandy!

Wow, that is so great your DH can take off 6 months after the baby is born. :clapping:
    What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?
    What food have you not wanted to/not been able to eat with this pregnancy?

Hi. I posted earlier that I"m craving everything!!! I love food and had no aversions at all. I had no morning sickness but a HUGE appetite. The problem is I have gest. diabetes so I'm very very limited. I'm going to have a FEAST in the hospital when babies are born:

chocolate
    cheesecake
    big macs
    pizza
    pudding
    the list goes on :)

16. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

HI and congratulations on expecting twin boys :itwins_boys:

I am in Canada too, montreal ;) !!

How are you finding this pregnancy compared to your singleton one? When did you start wearing maternity clothes this time around?

17. Little June Bug

QUOTE(Momof2wonders @ Feb 23 2009, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1201270[/snapback]
    HI and congratulations on expecting twin boys :itwins_boys:

I am in Canada too, montreal ;) !!

How are you finding this pregnancy compared to your singleton one? When did you start wearing maternity clothes this time around?

I started wearing maternity clothes almost right away - something like 9 weeks along...

How does it compare with my singleton? Well, I feel healthier this time. I've gained less weight thus far and I have more energy. I did not have any morning sickness this time but I did have alot of tiredness in the first trimester. I feel mentally better for sure. My body is reacting better....last time I developed skin tags, red pimple things, eczema...I gained about 55lbs..this time; nothing compares to all that. So, overall this is a much healthier/better pregnancy BUT I am finding the weight is bothering my back and sides more earlier in the game (more pressure I would say). I have a feeling the last month I will be forced to stay in bed but if that's all of my worries, no problem for bringing 2 little precious babies into my world! :)

18. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Hi, Sandra
    Congratulation on 2 boys!!!!
    I see you already answer a lot of questions I did have, but I come up with another one :)

Did you choose the stroller? and car seat? what would you buy and why?

19. Little June Bug

QUOTE(scorpion509 @ Feb 23 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1201505[/snapback]
    Hi, Sandra
    Congratulation on 2 boys!!!!
    I see you already answer a lot of questions I did have, but I come up with another one :)

Did you choose the stroller? and car seat? what would you buy and why?

Hi. :) I did purchase a 2nd hand double stroller - Safety 1st. We have yet to purchase the car seats and I don't know yet which ones we would select...we will go out some day very soon and have a look around.

20. TwinLove

Do you plan on keeping the babies together? Same room/seperate cribs? Seperate rooms?

21. Little June Bug

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Feb 24 2009, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1203954[/snapback]
    Do you plan on keeping the babies together? Same room/seperate cribs? Seperate rooms?

Great question! I really am not sure on this one. I have 2 cribs to be set up in the nursery. I will put a cradle in our bedroom and a pack N play in the living room. I guess it depends on how babies are...if they WANT to sleep together I will put them in their nursery in one crib...if one is a crier and the other not, I will separate them. I guess we will see how things go when we get them home BUT we are prepared for any possibility. :)

22. TwinLove

It sounds like you guys are ready for any situation. :good: :good: