Mega Bloks and Lego Duplo

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 3timesblessed, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 3timesblessed

3timesblessed Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of you know if the mega bloks ( the ones that are the same size as the duplo), do they fit with the lego duplo blocks? Can they both be used together? I got Mackenzie a set of the Mega Bloks and was wondering if I could get the Duplos to go with it.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

They mostly match up. The prongs on the Megablocks are a bit longer (if I recall correctly) so they don't look perfect, but they'll hold together decently.

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

They do match up, not 100%. However, I like duplo way better. Mega bloks don't stay together very well. They are so easy to fall apart wen stacked up. My kids for so frustrated when they played with those. Duplo is more expensive but way better. Gl!

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Yup...I agree! Duplo is way better, but I don't care one way or another. The kids have received Duplo and Mega Blocks for their birthday and I know for sure they will get both for Christmas....they are happy with them all and don't know the difference too much.

5. 3timesblessed

3timesblessed Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, my girls are getting tons of blocks for Christmas, it is their favorite toy right now. So hopefully no more fighting over the blocks. I will definitely be getting some duplo sets then.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As the others said, they'll go together but not perfectly! I prefer lego duplo as well :D

7. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

If you haven't already purchased the blocks for Christmas, look on eBay. You can get some fantastic deals on used Duplos. Since they're hard plastic, they really don't show signs of wear and you can wash them in the kitchen sink if you want to make them look shiny and new. I bought over $300 worth of Duplos for $35 a few years ago. My kids didn't have any idea they weren't brand new... and I loved the cost savings!