Meghan sprain/strained her ankle

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Becky444, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Becky444

Becky444 Well-Known Member

Oh where do I start.. They were playing in the basement and somehow Meghan either fell of of the activity cube/slide, mini trampoline or the abundance of toys yesterday afternoon. I took her to urgent care to get xrays taken and thankfully no broken bones. She still isnt putting much/any weight on her right foot but Dr. said to try and keep her sitting with her leg elevated for a couple of days. I am just in knots about this. I was on the other side of the basement and didnt see it happen. It just happened so fast. I feel so bad for my girl. Hopefully she will feel much better by Sunday.

She must have just fell the right way and ouch!!

I expect this from my boys but little Meghan is the quiet one.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Just have been feeling like bad mommy and needed to get it out.

2. Becky444

Oh where do I start.. They were playing in the basement and somehow Meghan either fell of of the activity cube/slide, mini trampoline or the abundance of toys yesterday afternoon. I took her to urgent care to get xrays taken and thankfully no broken bones. She still isnt putting much/any weight on her right foot but Dr. said to try and keep her sitting with her leg elevated for a couple of days. I am just in knots about this. I was on the other side of the basement and didnt see it happen. It just happened so fast. I feel so bad for my girl. Hopefully she will feel much better by Sunday.

She must have just fell the right way and ouch!!

I expect this from my boys but little Meghan is the quiet one.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Just have been feeling like bad mommy and needed to get it out.

3. shanm

shanm Well-Known Member

Good luck on trying to keep her sitting. I hope she feels better soon!!

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Poor thing. I hope it heals quickly. I can only imagine how hard it is to keep her sitting at this age.

5. Becky444

Yeah, not easy keeping her sitting or calm. She wants to go sooo badly but it just hurts. She is starting to get a bit better as she is putting a little weight on it.

6. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Poor thing [​IMG] I hope it heals quickly! Don't be too hard on yourself - accidents happen!

7. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Ouch! Poor baby!

Wishing a speedy recovery...

8. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

This happened to Rita over the summer -- she was playing outside at daycare and just stumbled the wrong way. We also took her to have X-rays just to rule out a hairline fracture, but luckily it was just strained/sprained. For a full day she cried when she put any weight on it at all, but gradually over the next week she got better and better. For a while she would still seem to be in a little pain if it was getting toward the end of the day and she was tired -- I'd say maybe 2-3 weeks at most -- but for the most part she was totally better within about 48 hours. The hardest part was that at first she just didn't really understand so she kept trying to walk on it and crying. [​IMG]

Hope Meghan is feeling better soon! Don't feel bad -- these things happen so quickly, to kids and adults alike. It was just a fluke! She will be back to herself before you know it. [​IMG]

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Hope she feels better soon! Ouch!

10. Becky444

Well... she is finally walking on it. She is a bit gimpy and I just wish I could keep her sitting for a while but who am I kidding. She gets cranky after she has been on it for awhile and has also been fighting a sinus cold. So I dont know if it the cold, the leg/ankle, or teething?!

Time is the best medicine and trying to keep her on the couch. Yeah right!