Mild cramping and brown spotting?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinlizzy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. twinlizzy

twinlizzy Member

Hi everyone...
    I am the biggest worrier ever. But here goes anyway...... I am 9w2d and have had mild cramps all day off and on. After I go to the bathroom and wipe there is faint brown (like when your period is ending). Maybe TMI...sorry. But has anyone else had this?? I have an appt tomorrow with my ob or should I call in now?? Thanks in advance!!

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Typically brown blood is old blood. You should worry more if the blood gets red or if it gets heavier. If you are still spotting in the morning, I would call the OB just to reassure yourself. Take it easy for a bit!! :hug:

3. lewis514

lewis514 Well-Known Member

I had that around 7/8 weeks. As PP said, brown blood is old. Since you have an appt tomorrow, I would probably just wait. It could be implantation bleeding which is pretty normal to have.

4. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

Ditto! I had brown/slightly red spotting for a few weeks early on in this pregnancy. I worried myself to death all to get to the sonogram and everything was perfect and has remained that way. I think spotting is more than normal in twin pregnancies.

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I had some minimal spotting as well in the first 10 weeks, which seemed to be normal.
    If for any reason it changes overnight do not hesitate to call your OB!
    Hope your appt goes well tomorrow & keep us posted! :hug:

6. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

I also spotted, and my sister said she spotted more with the twins than with her singleton so I think you're in the clear. Just make sure you tell you Dr. tomorrow and ask her/him about symptoms you SHOULD worry about!

7. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I had a lot of brown spotting up until about 12 weeks. Turned out that baby A's placenta was covering the cervix slightly, it moved up by the second trimester though. The mild menstrual cramping also seemed to be very common in the beginning. In fact, I had so much menstrual cramping, I got used to the feeling and didn't realize I was in pre-term labor at 20 weeks when the menstrual cramping returned. Don't ever be afraid to contact your doc if you have concerns!

8. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

Spotting is really common with twins. I never spotted with my first two pregnancies, but I did on and off for the first few weeks.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Spotting is common in early pregnancy. Hang in there. :hug: