mini micro scooter

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mom2gc, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

My twins are almost 2.5 years old and I thought this will be a good gift for Christmas. They are quite pricey and I don’t want to buy the mini micro scooters if they are still too small to enjoy riding them. Do any of your kids this age have these scooters and do they enjoy riding them?

2. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I got my 4 year old a scooter (not a mini) for his birthday in the summer. My twin daughter LOVES it (she was 2.5 when we got it for him)!

Will you let them ride them in the house during the winter? hmmm...maybe you live in a warm area where they can ride them all year round.....regardless, I don't think that its a completely impractical gift.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

You mean like these right?

If so I would definitely say Yes! Get them. They are my favourite scooters, so much easier for the kids to ride than other types. I love how stable they are.
    Eleanor and Ethan have them, they each got one on their second birthday. It took Eleanor about a month and Ethan about two or three to be good at riding them (as in zipping along quite fast, they could scoot from the start, but went quite slowly). Their steering has improved over time, at the beginning they would only go in a (mostly) straight line and would stop and get off the scooter to turn, learning to turn while moving was something that happened gradually but it never limited their enjoyment. They still love to ride on them, if I let them take their scooters to the playground (where they have a nice large paved area to ride round) they can happily scoot for at least 30 minutes.

4. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely buy them the scooters for Christmas. They love being outdoors and hopefully they will enjoy riding them. :)

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Those scooters are so worth it, my kids were proficiency by 2.5 including hills. I just replaced the rear wheels and breaks after 3 years.