Miscarriage before twins?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Cheesecake, Aug 3, 2007.

?

did you miscarry before you had twins?

1. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Well-Known Member

Just curious as to how many women m/c before they got preggo with twins. It seems a large amount did.

2. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

WOW...out of 6 votes thus far, 5 did. I did in March 2005 and found out I was pregnant with the girls by June 2005. I will be very interested to see these results.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I miscarried in January and got pregnant with C&A in February. I've read that it is more common to get pregnant with twins after a miscarriage. I guess we should also ask if the twins are fraternal, b/c it's only with fraternal twins that the chance increases...

4. Mommy Rash

Mommy Rash Well-Known Member

I maiscarried the end of July and got pg with boys in Sept

5. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

No from me. My twins were my first pregnancy!

6. HeidiO68

HeidiO68 Well-Known Member

I miscarried before all of my children except Carly. So I have had 4 miscarriages. The miscarriage I had before my twins was Nov 2005, and I got pg with my twins in Nov of 2006.

7. Mothership

Mothership Well-Known Member

I lost my angel in May 2005 and got preg with A&L in December 2005... .the woman that taught next door to me when I got preg with the twins also miscarried before her twins.... (when I told her I was having twins she rubbed my belly and said "Aw, I gave you twin cooties!"- sorry just a sidenote and completely off topic...)

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nope, no miscarriages here. I have had 2 pregnancies which resulted in 3 children.

9. Millie&twins

Millie&twins Well-Known Member

I didn't before the twins, but I had a late miscarriage (14 plus weeks) before my daughter. Only a few months between the miscarriage and the beginnig of the pregnancy. I was desperate to get pregnant again because I could then focus on something and not be so sad.
    Also completely off topic, this is my 100th post!
    Millie

10. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

I miscarried twins before my twins. I also miscarried once before my first son.

11. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

I did not have a miscarriage before my (id) twin pregnancy. But, my cousin did miscarry and then became pregnant with faternal twins about 4-5 months later.

12. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

I didn't miscarry before the twins but I did before I got pregnant with Caitlyn. I had a miscarriage in February 1999 and got pregnant with Caitlyn in August 1999.

13. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

Well...I've got to find out whether my girls are frats or id's for sure now, to test this theory.

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I am not going to answer the poll because I used intervention to get pregnant, so it would skew the data. BUT! I didn't miscarry before my b/g twins :)

15. RHastings

RHastings Well-Known Member

I had an early miscarriage in April of 2005 and got pregnant w/my girls in October 2005.

16. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I m/c a singleton in Nov of 03 and conceived the boys in feb 04. I lost two babies during my pregnancy with the boys and then one more pregnancy early this year.

17. heath1191

heath1191 Well-Known Member

I miscarried in May 2000 (that was a Clomid pregnany) Had my DD in Nov. 2002 (IVF) Had another miscarriage in Oct 2004 (IVF) and had my twin boys Oct 2005(IVF)

DD 11-06-02
    faternal twin boys 10-02-05

18. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

QUOTE(with2fs @ Aug 3 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]356740[/snapback]
    No from me. My twins were my first pregnancy!

Same here.

19. kmob82

kmob82 Well-Known Member

i miscarried in june of 2006 and got pregnant with the twins in december 2006

20. HeidiO68

HeidiO68 Well-Known Member

woops. I meant to post that I had a m/c in Nov 2004, and got pg with my twins in Nov 2005. brain cramp. :blush: :p

21. micmose

micmose Well-Known Member

Fortunately no m/c. First pregnancy was a singleton second was my twins.

I have a friend and her first pregnancy she m/c with twins. Then had three singletons. No more m/c.

22. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I did NOT miscarry before my twins

23. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

I had a m/c in April 04 and got pg with E&E in Aug 04. I have also wandered about this.

24. lmx2

lmx2 New Member

I did miscarry three times. My first pregnancy I m/c twins at the end of 04'. My second and third pregnancies were both m/c in 05'. I got pregnant a fourth time with my second set of twins in April 06' and had them in Dec 06'. (they are fraternal, but they look identical-- )

25. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I didnt miscarry, but I did deliver my daughter (she died right before birth) by c-section 4 months prior to concieving my twins

26. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I m/c in June and got pregnant with my girls in August.

(when I told her I was having twins she rubbed my belly and said "Aw, I gave you twin cooties
    I did the same thing with my cousin who had twins a year before my girls!

27. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I put yes because I did m/c before the twins, but that was back in 1992.

28. Cath76

Cath76 Active Member

I had a late missed miscarriage at 17 weeks and had to deliver my son back in March 2005 and then fell pregnant with the twins 5 months later.

29. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

I had a miscarriage in 97 and again in 99 then pregnant with twins in 2002.

30. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

I m/c'd twice (once in July 2004 and again in November 2004) before getting pregnant with my twins in April 2005 and they are identical in case that helps with any theories. :D

31. DanaLynn100

DanaLynn100 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cheesecake @ Aug 3 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]356463[/snapback]
    Just curious as to how many women m/c before they got preggo with twins. It seems a large amount did.

It's surprising to me that it's almost a 50/50 split. All the research articles I've read suggest that up to 1/3 of pregnancies are miscarried so we are at a higher rate than the average. I think the next questions should be what was the average time between miscarriage and twin pregnancy, was maternal age a factor, and what type of chorionicity is more common (frats vs IDs)... It would make for an interesting study. The science dork in me is peaking out. :rolleyes:

I miscarried at 9.5 weeks in July 2005 and became pregnant with the boys in November 2005. We suspect that they are identical, but haven't done testing to prove it.

32. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have had 10 mc's most on fertility drugs so mine might skew the answer too....right before the twins were conceived I had conceived spontaneous triplets and lost them and never got af again but started the fert drugs 8 weeks later and got pg with the babies!~

33. coconutdancing

coconutdancing Well-Known Member

The girls were my fist pregnancy, but last month I got a positive at home pregnancy test, set up an appointment for Dr's that week, then started bleeding. Dr sent me to ultrasound the next day, when they looked there was a sac but nothing else. Dr said this happens frequently where there is no fetus but the sac grows for a few weeks and then your body gets rid of it??? I don't know if this is a bunch of hoowie or not??? But can tell you I was only like 4-8 weeks along. Don't know what this says about your theory but seems like people who have twins are just more prone to m/c????
    Ps. We never had any help conciving

34. QUOTE(Cheesecake @ Aug 3 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]356463[/snapback]

I miscarried before my twin girls. But I also miscarried before my singleton son too.

35. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Yes, I m/c'd in Oct of 04 at 9 weeks...I was told it was twins, one outside of uterus one inside which never developed, not really sure of specifics my mom was with me and I vaguely remember because I was obviously distressed she confirmed what I thought I had heard from the doc in ER when I got pregnant with my boys in March '05. No fertility drugs and mine are di/di (frat) but look very similar their doc even asked if they were ID.