Molar pain

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by gina_leigh, Aug 24, 2014.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So it's almost 1am and Reagan is currently snuggling between us in the bed. She woke up crying because her mouth was hurting her.

They went to the dentist for routine cleanings last week and he confirmed that she has molars coming in. She's complained some lately so we did talk to the dentist about it.

This is the first time she's really cried though. I gave her some Motrin and I'm hoping that helps.

So now I have a teething almost 6 month old and a teething 6 year old.

Any tips or tricks for the big kid? Jason didn't seem bothered when his came in, but he wasn't really bothered by teething as a baby either.

Poor girl. I did feel around and her guns feel swollen. :(

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've done motrin.  Both Luke and Sophia have molars in or coming in.  I've offered them popsicles, thinking that would also help with the discomfort and they did not go for it.  I've also noticed that they are drooling more and that's definitely due to the molars.  

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Popsicles sound like a good idea! And as hot as it is today, I'm sure they'd love that.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls never really had bad teething issues (except when meara got her first 6 teeth ALL.AT.ONCE!), but their 6 year molars did cause some pain.  I just gave motrin if they complained.  

5. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in whether it is possible to give CBD supplements to children? After all, this is a safe food supplement that can also be given to small animals. I think CBD oils can come in handy if a child's teeth are teething, for example. It is quite a painful process and this CBD supplement would be great at helping with pain management.