Moms of twinfants and toddler(s) - my hat is off!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by betseeee, Dec 5, 2006.

1. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

My best friend was over from 11am - 3:30pm today with her 2 year old son and 8 week old daughter. We barely even left the livingroom and I am soooooooooo beyond tired. My friends say to me "I don't know how you do it" about the twins, and I say to you guys I really don't know how you do it with toddlers and twins, or twins and a newborn! You have my undying respect.

2. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

My best friend was over from 11am - 3:30pm today with her 2 year old son and 8 week old daughter. We barely even left the livingroom and I am soooooooooo beyond tired. My friends say to me "I don't know how you do it" about the twins, and I say to you guys I really don't know how you do it with toddlers and twins, or twins and a newborn! You have my undying respect.

3. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] i dont know how i do it either [​IMG]

Its all one big exhausting blur [​IMG]

4. Don2worrybhappy

Don2worrybhappy Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's really great to hear sometimes. I have a 6 y/o, 3 y/o and 6 month old twins. DH is in the military. He's been gone most of the twin's lives. He comes back this weekend, then leaves again on Jan 9th for 4 months. We have no family around to help. I do it all. It's rough, but I try to keep a positive attitude. A few things I remind myself when I've had a really bad day: God never gives us more than we can handle, this too will pass, and one day I'm going to miss them being little.

5. clhsieh

clhsieh Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Cassie05:
    [​IMG] i dont know how i do it either [​IMG]

Its all one big exhausting blur [​IMG]

One big exhausting blur is a great way to describe it. [​IMG]

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

quote:
    Its all one big exhausting blur

Amen, sister!

7. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I wonder how I do it every single day [​IMG]

8. ABeeCDandE!

ABeeCDandE! Well-Known Member

Me too! DD is 4 and really not much help....especially today when she bit Carter!!!

9. dtazz007

dtazz007 Well-Known Member

I wonder myself sometimes [​IMG]

Danielle

10. Col

Col Well-Known Member

Thanks! I, too, constantly wonder how everything gets done with the craziness in the house! ...and then beat myself up for not doing more! [​IMG]

11. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

I agree!!! I often wonder how I'd do it if I had an older one. You ladies are terrific, and keep such great attitudes--I really applaud you all!!!!! [​IMG]

12. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Betsy thanks!!!!! Its truly a blur sometimes! [​IMG]

13. Christine100700

Christine100700 Well-Known Member

I dont know how I do it either...lol other than I do it because well...the toddler wont leave me alone if I dont do things for him and the twins will cry hehe...nagging and crying just dont work for me so I get things done [​IMG]

14. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My DD was 2.5 when the twins were born and I have NO IDEA how I got through those first 6 mo...they were rough! She's actually the hardest one to deal with at this point. I think so many of us end up feeling guilty that we don't have the time or energy to spend with our oldest child(ren). Thank you for recognizing us! But hey, any Mom with twins is doing and awesome job in my book!!!

15. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Thanks!! It helps to hear it sometimes. I'm with Melissa, I think my toddler is the hardest to handle...although DH & I were talking over the weekend about how hard it would have been to have the twins as new parents. DD1 was planned, and very much wanted, but the adjustment to parenthood was very hard on us. I don't think anything changes your life as radically as a baby - let alone two!! Twin Mommies are awesome [​IMG]

16. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Fortunately I have an awesome MIL who helps at all times. And my 4 year old helps with both the 2 year old and the babies (4 months). My craziest moments are when my Kindergartener gets home and everyone is hungry and tired at the same time. Holding babies and cooking are not good simultaneous events.

17. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I don't know how I do it either, it's one of those sink or swim situations! [​IMG]

18. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

Toddlers are tough! I don't know how I do it either!
    Good luck to us all when we have 2 toddlers!