Mother's Choice Saves Unborn Twins TTTS

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twin_trip_mommy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Mother's Choice Saves Unborn Twins

What a beautiful story.

Great line in the story is when the Dr told the Mom to NOT google TTTS but when she got into the car she used her phone and searched it and and regretted that decision. I imagine if she had not searched it out though she might not have made the decisions she did for surgery in Ca.

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Great story! I cried listening to the story. The feelings and fear from it all just come right back. My boys wound up having a fused placenta but we were monitored for 2 months just waiting for signs of the TTTS to start. Love hearing these happy endings!

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Awww. :wub: What a happy ending!!
    I was so worried about TTTS during my pregnancy! I was so thankful to have an MFM who monitored me closely - but it was always on my mind until my boys arrived! And as upsetting as Google can be, it is also a great tool to use to become more informed!

Thanks for sharing that story, Cheryl.

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

WOW! :wub: I wonder if she's here on TS? :D

5. Kathlene

Kathlene Well-Known Member

Interesting video. I noticed the video said she gave birth just 9 wks later. She said she was 14 wks when she found out. That would only equal 23 wks. The video must have made a mistake on the time.

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

What a great story! We'd researched the laser surgery, it's amazing what doctors can now do.

Really though, why did the news caster say "now she has her hands full"? That's right up there with "double trouble" and "bless your heart" in my book! ;)

I think they meant she found out at 14 weeks and then nine weeks after the laser surgery she delivered. Who knows how many week lapsed between the two.

I wonder if she is a TSer. I wonder that about every twin mom I meet, though.

7. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I agree, she was way past 14 weeks in that photo of the couple in California!

Thanks for sharing, what a great story. I can't imagine having to make a choice like that.

8. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

What a great story! My girls are TTTS survivors and it saddens me that very few doctors and nurses even know what it is yet 90% of twins die from it if not treated and even the treatments sometimes do not help. Thanks for sharing!