Musical movie recommendation

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by AimeeS, Jul 16, 2009.

1. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

HI - I was wondering if anyone can recommend any movies that are a good gift for 4y/o. I'm looking for Little Mermaid and Aladdin b/c of the music but can't find them anywhere. Any other good ones w/ good sing-a-long music?
    Thanks!
    Aimee

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My four year olds like Mary Poppins for a musical movie.

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Mine like Cinderella, too. But for cartoony stuff, the Backyardigans have great music!!

4. juliereynolds42

juliereynolds42 Well-Known Member

My almost 4 year olds love, love, love The Sound of Music. They would watch it several times a week if I'd let them.

They also like Pete's Dragon and Mary Poppins. The Veggie Tales movies also have a lot of music in them.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Mine love the Barbie movies. There are so many out now. Their favorite right now is Barbie's Nutcracker. There is also Barbie and Diamond Castle, Repunzel, Magic of the Pegasus, Magic of the Rainbow, The Island Princess. They are very musical with tons of singing and dancing and most of them are based on the fairytales from long ago. Mine also love the Disney movies (Cinderella, Aladin, Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Cars - is that Pixar?, Peter Pan, etc.).

6. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Let's see, for musicals that they make us watch over and over and over...The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Aristocats, and Mary Poppins. It appears that my kids like any musical with Dick Van Dyke in it :p

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

the aristocats, little mermaid, and the lion king but the lion king is almost immpossible to find. we have it on tape luckily

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

9. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:blush: I'm embarrassed to say that my kids are all scared by all these movies. But, we have a movie called God's zoo that is mostly singing and a story with animals that they :wub: