my appt went great!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by witmuch, Dec 15, 2006.

1. witmuch

witmuch Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Hey all I have great news!! My appt. couldn't have gone better! the babies heartbeats are very strong and they are side by side. the OB did say that the technicians failed to tell me that they could still be Identical though. she said that the reason that they weren't sure about the Id or fraternal becuase they couldn't see the placenta(s). heart rates are 150hbpm on my right side and 160hbpm on my left side. and she didn't even have to search for them. i have my next OB appt. january 11 at 11am and they have scheduled the second u/s for late in february, around week 18 to find out sex and measurements. i have gained 12 pounds so far total, but she didn't say much about the weight. and i forgot to ask. i did switch the doctor that might be delivering though because i didn't like the other one. had some bad experiences with that one during the delivery with my first son. he had me deliver while i was flat on my back and doped up on demeral. after that i refused to have anything to do with demeral! it knocked me out and i would only wake up to scream with the contractions. so that ended that when i woke up and couldn't remember the birth of my first son. anyway thanks for your support and thanks for keeping up with these appts.
    lots of love!
    Meshell from gulfport, ms

2. witmuch

[​IMG] Hey all I have great news!! My appt. couldn't have gone better! the babies heartbeats are very strong and they are side by side. the OB did say that the technicians failed to tell me that they could still be Identical though. she said that the reason that they weren't sure about the Id or fraternal becuase they couldn't see the placenta(s). heart rates are 150hbpm on my right side and 160hbpm on my left side. and she didn't even have to search for them. i have my next OB appt. january 11 at 11am and they have scheduled the second u/s for late in february, around week 18 to find out sex and measurements. i have gained 12 pounds so far total, but she didn't say much about the weight. and i forgot to ask. i did switch the doctor that might be delivering though because i didn't like the other one. had some bad experiences with that one during the delivery with my first son. he had me deliver while i was flat on my back and doped up on demeral. after that i refused to have anything to do with demeral! it knocked me out and i would only wake up to scream with the contractions. so that ended that when i woke up and couldn't remember the birth of my first son. anyway thanks for your support and thanks for keeping up with these appts.
    lots of love!
    Meshell from gulfport, ms

3. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Great appt. I go for my level II on January 11. Should be a good day. Mine are stacked on top of one another instead of side by side, and they have two sacks but wont be able to tell fraternal or idential until hopefully the 11th. good luck, keep us informed.
    Melissa

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great appointment! Do you have ultrasound pictures to share? It seems like a lot of doctors don't like to commit to "one placenta or two" early on, but most early ultrasound pictures seem pretty obvious to me as far as how many chorions there are. Are your babies in two very distinct sacs or not? With that, I mean can you see a thick white circle around both babies (or a thick divider between them)? Just curious. [​IMG] Glad you switched doctors too!

5. witmuch

i do but i don't have a scanner. the only pictures i have are from last month. and i won't have another one until february. so nothing current tho. i do plan on filming the next ultra sound though. i found out that i can do that now. i think that it might be few ultra sounds on this end unless something goes wrong tho because i am on medicaid and mississippi medicaid doesn't like to pay out. they cut off so many people. i do know that if i had better insurance that i would probably have more. i was told today that the ultra sounds would be done every 12 weeks or so unless something comes up. but i know things will work out.
    lots of love

6. witmuch

the twins are in definite separate sacs. but you can't see the placenta(s) on the pictures at all. i guess that might be because they were taken at 5 weeks. that is kind of early.

7. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great appointment!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!! Sounds like you had a GREAT appointment!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]