my appts and (lack of) progress

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tammygb, Sep 20, 2007.

1. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

i went to the OB yesterday and the peri today (for my first NST). first, my cervix is closed tight like fort knox (as my OB says). all else was normal at the OB (and she gave DH and me a lead for a great pizzeria -- Three Guys in Belleville, for you Jersey girls).

today, the boys woke up for the NST, responded well and their fluid levels are high. this is all they checked for.

i learned that something i thought was a heart palpitation, is actually a contraction. so now i've identified three different contractions, which i've labeled: crampy, tightening uterus, and heart palpiation.

while i'm THRILLED that i am meeting my two goals for this pregnancy (to make it to 36 weeks and have babies over 6lbs each) i'd also be thrilled to go into labor in the next two weeks, rather than making it to the scheduled c at 38 weeks.

but, no complaining! i know how lucky i am, and this discomfort is just part of my good luck.

2. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Hang in there! You want those babies to cook as long as they can. They will be here before you know it.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

You are doing great! Way to grow those babies! :clapping:

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great appt!! Way to go! :banana:

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Glad things went well! Great milestones and great job, mama!

6. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds like you were made to grow twins!!! Hope you get relief soon :wavey: