My cousin had her twins this morning at 34 weeks on the dot!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Cortney, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Cortney

Cortney Well-Known Member

My cousin had her surviving twin this morning. Kyle was born this morning at 3:30am weighing 4lb 12oz and 17 inches long. And angel Katelyn was born second weighing 1lb 13oz and 13 inches long. She passed away inutero at 28 weeks. Mom is doing well and Kyle is in the NICU, but breathing on his own. He's having trouble eating and keeping his temp regulated.

It's awesome to have a new addition, but hard at the same time because hello was goodbye for my cousin. She always wanted to have twins and we were so hopeful for this pregnancy. They both said they are going to try again, but 3 pregnancies straight with twins, she might get triplets next time. [​IMG]

2. Cortney

Cortney Well-Known Member

My cousin had her surviving twin this morning. Kyle was born this morning at 3:30am weighing 4lb 12oz and 17 inches long. And angel Katelyn was born second weighing 1lb 13oz and 13 inches long. She passed away inutero at 28 weeks. Mom is doing well and Kyle is in the NICU, but breathing on his own. He's having trouble eating and keeping his temp regulated.

It's awesome to have a new addition, but hard at the same time because hello was goodbye for my cousin. She always wanted to have twins and we were so hopeful for this pregnancy. They both said they are going to try again, but 3 pregnancies straight with twins, she might get triplets next time. [​IMG]

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Bless her heart - [​IMG]
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope that Kyle will be out of the NICU soon and
    able to come home with his mommy!

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

How hard it must have been to carry the other baby so long that way! But I'm glad to hear that Kyle is doing well.
    Congrats on your new additions to the family!

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's great that she carried Kyle so far, although I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to lose Katelyn. I'm glad mom and baby are both doing well. [​IMG]