My girls have arrived :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Lrnomder, May 27, 2013.

1. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

]Just wanted to announe that my little angels are home with me and the family as of two days ago. Sorry for the delayed post but we have definitely had some challenges these last two nights. The csection went awesome and so far the recovery isn't as bad as I expectedit to be. Our first born Abigail Kaylyn was born at 6lbs3oz and our second born Caitlyn Marie was born at 5lb15oz. Both were in prfect condition and had no complications or reasons for being set to nicu. The night we got home we started having trouble with Caitlyn because of her spitting up pleghmthat is realy thick and not breathing. The first time it happened she turned blue and the aspirator wouldn't pull it out so my husband sucked her mouth and nose until it did and she came around. She's choked about three more ties since and the dr said its normal for csection babies and that it would stop after a few days. In reponse to that my husband and I are taking turns sleeping. He as nights and I have days. This way someone will always bevwatchingher. Thank you to everyone who supported me and gave me advice I seriously used everybit of it and this experience has been way smoother because of it. [​IMG]

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Anna did that same thing in the first week or so and we nearly killed ourselves trying to stay awake all the time. It passes quickly and she will wake you up. It terrified me. I was sure she wouldn't survive the drive home. But we were really worrying ourselves unnecessarily. It never happened at home.

3. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

They are beautiful!
    Congratulations!

4. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! They are cute - and I like their names. I hope Caitlyn's issue will disappear soon.

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Congrats!

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your girls!!

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congrats! Love their matching hats! I hope the issue disappears fast!

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Beautiful baby girls!! Congratulations!! I hope you dont have any more scares, I'm sure that was stressful.

10. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

What lovely names for beautiful girls!!!

Congrats to you and your family!

11. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone! Im at that stage where I'm like, did all this really happen? And how? It's so shocking amd amazing that two babies just appeared after being cut out of me lol I know that's a weird way to put it but it's true. It's such an amazing blessing and couldn't imagine anything that could make me happier. I love having two and its not as hard as people we're telling me it was going to be. it's hard with Caitlyn right now because of her spitting up but she's getting better it's been almost 48 hrs since her last episode but still as a precaution my husband and I are alternating our sleep schedules for now. As for me I'm getting better each day. I have been gradually doing more every day like walking around, stretching, and cleaning. the pain is so managable that I haven't been takng anything excpet for Motrin at night to keep the swelling down. The gassiness passed the first night home due to a cocktail I made of apple juice and prune juice mixed together and heated. Within an hour it worked amazing! Thank you everyone again for the advice and support I got more on here than from family and friends!

12. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Beautiful little girls!

13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

congratulations!!

14. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! Your girls are beautiful!