My little piece of advice to expecting moms.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by RG215, Jul 17, 2009.

1. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

My advice to all of the expecting twin moms is this....

Regardless of what sex/type of twins you are expecting...I would recommend taking your own blankets and/or hats to the hospital. While this stuff is supplied, it is all exactly the same....white blankets and pink and blue hats (well, at that's how it is here).

While my twins look nothing alike in person and are actually b/g twins when I look back at pictures (from only a week ago) it is impossible for me to tell who is who. In most of the photos they are wrapped in a blanket up to their chin with a hat down to their eyes. I wish I would have thought to bring my own pink and blue hat so that I can tell which one is which.

My neighbor who has identical twin girls always puts Haylee on the left and Ashlee on right so that she always knows who is who. Again, in person it's easy to tell but sometimes it's not so easy in a picture...especially down the road. I thought that was smart.

Good luck to all of you!

2. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Good advice. I would have needed to do that but one twin came out with a black eye lol.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: Good tip! :good:

4. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

That is such a good tip. Thank you for sharing.

5. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

Great advice! Thanks

6. serialmommy

serialmommy Well-Known Member

that is a very good tip!! i'll ask at the hospital if they have different hats (people make and donate the hats at the hosital i use, so they are frequently very different from one another) so i can have a different one for each, and if they don't, i'll have jason come home and grab a couple from our box!

7. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

Very good tip...I have to label photos soon or I forgrt who was who!

8. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Good tip!!