My panic attack is having a panic attack

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ECUBitzy, May 3, 2012.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I don't want to freak out on Facebook because we're friends with our sitter on there, but I'm freaking out!

She came in this morning in tears. A job that she applied for (she's graduating this Friday) as a long shot has offered her a position. She's only provisionally licensed in her field so it's unusual to find a job so quickly. They're also offering her $10k more than the average position pays and they're offering her full benefits. And they need her to move next week and start immediately.

Obviously, I'm thrilled for her. Thrilled! She's going into a profession that my best friends work in. It's hard, thankless work and you often start at dismal pay levels doing the jobs nobody else wants. So I am so happy that she's getting a better start.

I'm also panicking! I need childcare for another full month before Paul's out for the summer. Ack! A month!

This is a vent, I guess. I know it will work out. It always does. I'm just entirely too type A for curve balls like this! I have so much going on in the next few days already without adding interviews and everything.

Okay, I'm breaking out a box of Thin Mints for this. I'll come back after the chocolate coma wears off. Sigh.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Crikey! My panic attack would have a panic attack as well! Well, that's a great opportunity for her and I wish her all the best.

If I were closer, I'd totally help you out. I hope someone on fb can help you out. Maybe some college kids just out?!? Does she know anyone she can recommend?

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sit back and enjoy your cookies, something will work out!!

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Allie just called to ask if she can bring over two friends to talk with us tonight. Fingers crossed!

2 people like this.
  5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww, I would totally take on your girls, too, if I lived closer. I hope Allie's friends are keepers. :)

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

That is awesome and sucks! Awesome for her, though, that she was able to get that job. She must be one smart cookie, I can see why you hate to lose her as a nanny!

I was going to suggest asking her if she could recommend any friends but I see she's already done that. Good luck!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was thinking the same thing! Too bad you aren't here in BR, I'd keep your girls for a month for you! I hope it works out!

8. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

A month is not too long to visit grandma :)

I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

2 people like this.