My twin sister had twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lissalou88, Feb 16, 2012.

1. lissalou88

lissalou88 Member

My twin and I are unsure if we are fraternal or identical but we are both female and look very much alike. My twin had twin boys (this was her first pregnancy) and I am wondering what the chances are of myself having twins? Any info appreciated, I would also like to know if any other twins are in this situation so far I haven't met anyone. Thanks!

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!! You should invite her to Twinstuff! There are so many great people on here!! I have a set of twin girls but I am not a twin. There are people on here though that are! I don't know what your chances of having twins would be if you two are in fact identical and she conceived without fertility treatments but I imagine if you are fraternal that your chances would not be any higher than any other sibling of yours. Someone else who is more knowledgeable will answer though - I just really wanted to say hi, congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff!!

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

One of the mods - JicJac is an identical twin and she had a set of b/g twins...also the owner of the site (Craig) has a twin history like no other I've seen LOL!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Hi! :welcome: to Twinstuff!! Amy is right, I am an identical twin and I have boy/girl twins who were the product of IVF. I was nursing the twins and am older in age and got pregnant on my own, with no history of twins in the family (other than being identical myself) and found myself pregnant with another set. (One died early in pregnancy though.) If you two are fraternal there is a bigger chance that you could become pregnant with twins yourself. Do you have any fraternal twins in your family? Fraternal twins can look quite a bit a like.

Welcome again! Please invite her to Twinstuff. There is TONS of support here from all sorts of situations!

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

My boys are adopted, but they are identical boys whose birthmom is a fraternal twin (and she and her sister look NOTHING alike, so they are definitely fraternal).

My husband has 7 sets of twins in 3 generations in his family - all identical except for one set - but so far none of the twins have had twins.

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I am a twin also, but my twin sister died at birth, so we aren't sure if we were identical. I have B/G twins, but my twins were the result of IVF. I always wanted to have twins growing up so I am SO HAPPY as you can imagine. Good luck to your sister also!

7. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not my family history but I have a high school friend who has twin boys. Her hubby has 2 brothers and they both had twins also although none of them were twins! So all the cousins are sets of twins, they have identical girls, b/g twins, and she has fraternal boys!:)

Welcome to TS!

8. lissalou88

lissalou88 Member

Hi everyone and thanks for all the replies! I would love my twin to join the site unfortunately she has had an ongoing struggle with drug addiction and is in treatment so our communication has been limited for the past years. Due to her addiction I received custody of my twin nephews who now live with their dad. That was also another topic I would like some advice on. not sure what forum to post it in do you guys have any tips? Or does anyone have experience with their twin being an addict? That is another reason I believe her and I are fraternal because I have never had any issues like that and our personalities are much different. I would also be interested in starting a support group forum for twins that are experiencing this. I was so excited when we found out she was pregnant with twins and thought we would share this experience with each other but she is no longer in the boys lives. And I can offer some advice to parents of twins because I was suprised overnight when CPS awarded me custody of my nephews. It was difficult but amazing and wouldn't have changed anything! Any tips on where I can post about this?? Again thanks so much and look forward to chatting with all you twinstuff :thanks: