My twins are potty trained!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Sep 26, 2010.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I am in shock at how easy it has been! I started DD about 3wks ago, did a sticker chart, bought cool new panties and got her excited about it. Everytime she pees or poops she got a sticker and I would give her a big throw up in the air (which she loves). And for any accidents, I just quietly take her to the potty and say next time let me know and you can go on the potty, then I get her to put her underwear in the laundry basket, grab a cloth and have her help clean up the pee.
    UP to that point DS hasn't shown any interest in PT, but when he saw his sister doing it, he wanted stickers and big-boy underwear as well. So, I waited a few weeks until DD had a good handle on it, and started with DS about 4 days ago - he only has about 1 pee accident/day so far. So, its been great!!
    BTW - the kids are only day potty trained, at naps and bedtime I use a diaper.

I am so proud of them. But, we also have to start bedtime about 20min earlier because the kids "have to pee" about 10 times each right before bedtime. I remember when bedtime was quick and easy, read stories, brush teeth a kiss and hug and off to bed. Now it takes 30min of back and forth to the potty, but I am guessing this will only last for a few months, and I think we may have to start getting liquid into them more during the day and less right before bed!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: :woo:

Isn't it wonderful?!?!?! And I can attest that the 30 minutes of going to the bathroom before bed-does wear out! I thought it would never end! I would have them go downstairs first. Then go upstairs. Then we would read or whatever, and send them again. And then they would call us every three seconds because they had to pee! Oy. Now-they pee when we get upstairs, and then if we read a book-they sometimes go right before they get in their crib. They will tell us if they have to or not.

As for nighttime training, we did it at the same time. But as you get ready to do so, limit their intake about 2-3 hours before bed(I've found it's only temporary really-they are pretty good about holding it now). My kids did awesome with the night training, but I know all kids are not alike.

Congrats on being diaper free!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Congrats! It's a great feeling isn't it!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

congrats!!! good for you!

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Way to go!! :woohoo:

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: That is fantastic!

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!