My twins hate eachother

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinlove4life, May 3, 2007.

1. twinlove4life

twinlove4life Well-Known Member

Okay I can hear the "yea right"s already, but seriously if Autumn touches Mattea she screams! This is probably because when Autumn touches Mattea she hits her. If they even crawl near or play near eachother there is bound to be a fight. I am so tired of trying to keep them seperate! Autumn is Mattea's opposite. Autumn is outgoing, explorative, almost walking, and very confident in who she is. So confident that she will play by herself for about an hour. Mattea on the other hand always needs me, she does the commando crawl and has no interest in playing by herself. They HAVE to be fraternal, I am a little upset because I had this false idea that twins would get along easier. What do you guys do when your twins fight? Does anyone else have twins on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum?
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r109/co...irls/biters.jpg

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh yeah, mine are opposites. Jake is high-mainentance, wants what he wants NOW, or else, and Emma is laid-back and easy-going. They have little squabbles throughout the day, but nothing major...yet!

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are definitely total opposites. Of course, they are boy/girl so maybe that's part of it, but Lila is very adventurous always looking for something to get into, crawling already, when Luke has something she wants, she just takes it. Luke, on the other hand, is content to sit in one spot & play, loves being held, doesn't always even object when she takes things from him (although sometimes he fights back & will usually win if he tries). It's actually shocking how different the personalities of two babies the same age can be! :D

4. cajuntwinmom

cajuntwinmom Well-Known Member

They don't hate eachother. I have one that is very high maintenance and strong willed and if he's sitting on my lap and his sister wants up, he will hug me and get in front of her. He hits her and bites her. But he also loves her. Now they are a little older, he will bring her blankie when she's crying. He feeds her and shares, but he also still is very upset when she gets attention.

YOur one is probably crying because she is used to being hit. They will always fight. THey're siblings. A friend of mine with older twins told me that they will fight like cats and dogs when they are together, but be miserable and miss eachother when they are apart.

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Nevan just bit Norah, that's an every day occurrence. Norah is always pulling Nevan's hair. They don't hate each other, they just like to hear the other scream! ;) See, she just pulled his hair again...

6. katnpat

katnpat Well-Known Member

My girls seem like they don't like each other very much sometimes too :)
    Yesterday Elizabeth wanted to cuddle so she put her head on Isabel and then Isabel just started yelling and screaming until we moved Elizabeth!!!

7. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

When people ask if they play together my response is always the same...'They can care less about each other'. Every once in awhile, they will smile at each other but other than that, they are very into themselves and me! As far as fighting, they got into their first 'dispute' this week and since then it has happened a few times. It is always over an object that one is trying to take out of the others hand. These next few months will be interesting!

8. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

One of my Best Friends has b/g twins that are 2 1/2 and they seem to hate eachother not just occasionally but ALL The time. One is also needy and one is very independant. The only time I have ever seen them work together is when they used eachother to "sneak out" of the church and got themselves locked out for about 5 min in the snow!!! sorry I dont have any encouaging words of my own (mine are only 8 wks and I too have a fear that my girls will not get along) but at least I can tell you that you are not alone.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

lets see....for the longest time DS would take DD's toys and she'd look at me and cry...then she learned to fight back - she teases him...she'll hold out a toy in front of him and when he tries to take it she spins in a circle on her butt so he can't get it - he then knocks her over and lays on her to get the toy so she sticks her finger in his ear and pulls his hair and he then sticks his fingers in her eyes....

they don't hate each other because they'll sit and babble to each other and DD will "hug" DS sometimes - when he lets her :p

10. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

My guys are nothing alike. They do respond to one another but, play? Not really. My Noah is just a fireball. Constantly going and going and he gets SOOOO frustrated when he trying to do something his little body is not ready to do yet. (As PP on standing in the crib and yelling for hours). Noah is never really sits still, want to stand all the time, roll around in the walker. He is hard to have sit on your lap and read a book too because he want to just go, go, go. My Jacob is mild, sits and plays, loves to cuddle, be read to and will just sit on your lap. Total opposites. But, they do get along when they choose to interact and even though they are different we adore each one. Even when my sweet Noah yells while trying to stand up and keeping us up at night with his new skills. :)

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

My guys sound like everyone else's. They definitely don't really notice the other that much nor care that the other is there. Sometimes I find them talking to each other in their cribs standing up, but rarely. Normally they are just crying together (my guys are BIG criers). :cray:

<=== Note: That is Kevin (happy!) on the left, and Patrick (scared) on the right in the avatar!

Kevin is really outgoing and walking a little and into everything and plays well alone. Patrick is whiny when I am not there and if he gets even touched slightly by Kevin or falls a little, its the biggest deal EVER! :rolleyes: No hurts like Patrick does! :laughing: He is very quiet and sweet.

When they do interact, they are usually fighting over things. I don't think they hate each other but they definitely don't like being bothered or like having less attention from me or wait time to be with me (and DH). :D

12. Gilbert_Mommy

Gilbert_Mommy Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine get jeolous of each other too. Kevin is more clingy and gets mad when I'm holding Paige and vice versa. And then my 3-yr old gets jeolous of both of them!

13. 2scoops

2scoops Well-Known Member

So yes mine are just like everyone else. They have their little fights starting. Here's an example from today:

I was getting the diaper bag together to go out for the day. They were playing in the playroom and I hear Quinn start to scream. I didn't hear a bump, something fall, etc. So I pick him up, no cuts, bruises, red marks. Then I look at his arm and *BAM* TEETH MARKS! Bella BIT HIM! She didn't pucture the skin, but left an indentation. He is fine now, just has 4 red marks on his arm like a snake bite.

And so it begins.....

I have attached a picture I took right after he got BITE!
    View attachment 185

14. twinlove4life

oh yea, matty is a biter too! I don't know how to handle it because she does it to babies in our multiple joys group! It is sooooo embaressing! At least those Mommies have twins too and understand the frustration.

15. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

I though I was doing something wrong my b/g twins could care less if they are next to each other or even in the same room with one another. So I guess everyone is telling me I am in for a ride? Great ...I can't wait.

16. minnieinafrica

minnieinafrica Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tinalb @ May 3 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]242508[/snapback]
    Mine are definitely total opposites. Of course, they are boy/girl so maybe that's part of it, but Lila is very adventurous always looking for something to get into, crawling already, when Luke has something she wants, she just takes it. Luke, on the other hand, is content to sit in one spot & play, loves being held, doesn't always even object when she takes things from him (although sometimes he fights back & will usually win if he tries). It's actually shocking how different the personalities of two babies the same age can be! :D

Ok Mine are just like Lila and Luke but my Jacob screams when his sister gets close to him or takes something away from!!! He STILL ISN'T crawling and doesn't seem to care!!! Mia on the other hand is crawling all over including all over him. If Jacob takes something from her, she's like "I don't care. I can find something else" or she grabs it back!

I REALLY want mine to get along when they are older! I hope this is just a phase!!!!!
    Melissa

17. twinlove4life

I hope mine get along too :( I have issues with my closest sib...

18. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine are different too. Jack is quite laid back and happy, where as Sophie is a little madam and has tantrums when she doesnt get her own way!! They tend to hit each other a lot but it is only really Sophie who moans about it as that is what she does best lol. She also follows her brother a lot. If he crawls somewhere she goes after him. Its not that she wants to be with him it is she is scared shes missing out on something!! There also starting to get jealous of each other , if one gets picked up the other wants picked up too. When i go through in the morning and say i pick up dd first she will look right over at ds as to say ha ha i got picked up first! x