My twins hate veggies!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by shelleychina, Mar 1, 2010.

1. shelleychina

shelleychina New Member

My LOs were doing great with solid foods until a couple of weeks ago after coming down with ear infections. Previously they would eat pretty much anything I would fix--veggies, fruits, chicken, etc. But now they are refusing to eat almost everything except fruits with either cereal or yogurt. When I try to feed them something other than fruit they shudder, make a yucky face, spit it out and cry. They won't even eat plain cereal. Also, they like to self feed puffs and yogurt melts but don't like any other foods with a chunky texture like cottage cheese. I don't understand what happened. I've been trying to mix their veggies with applesauce to sneak it in them which only works some of the time. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned? Any suggestions?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I dont think there is anything to be concerned about. Just keep offering it to them. They will eventually take to it again. Mine werent big on texture until closer to the end of their first year.

3. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

My boys hate veggies too. They're a little older than yours and can eat more table food, but I sneak veggies in to everything. I'll mix stage 2 veggies into applesauce or yogurt and grated carrot and zuccini into muffins. My other trick is to pretend that I'm eating it - that will almost garunntee they'll want a bite!

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. It's probably just a phase. The only veggies my girls ever really liked were squash and sweet potatoes. Just keep offering it to them, as well as the textured food. They'll eventually accept the textures.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would just keep offering them. Eventually they will probably move out of this phase & start eating them again.