My twins were born on the 14th

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Paully, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Paully

Paully Member

Hi everyone,

My twins were born on the 14th! They only stayed in the NICU for about 10 hours and then went in the nursery until the 19th. I am so glad we are home. I just wanted to jump on here real quick and ask you all HOW you did it? We feed every three hours which means we only get about 2 hours in between feedings when everything is over with. They have been consuming their goal amounts faster and faster though. I just wanted to vent and hear some tips from you experience parents with twins. I am not going to lie, this has been tough, especially the hospital stay (bed was horrible). Now we are home, trying to get things organized because our house sitter didn't do what we hired him to do. I know I should be sleeping when the babies sleep and that was working after two feedings but I can't manage to get to sleep. Ever since the 4pm feeding I have not been able to sleep. Lucky for me, my oldest sister will be coming over this Monday and staying until next Sunday. Whew!

2. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the twins arrival! It is tough, but every day gets better. :youcandoit:

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

COngrats! Every day gets easier.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish I had some helpful advice, but for me, the first few months were THE hardest. It was just pretty much survival. After a few weeks we were able to establish some sort of routine, then my husband and I were able to take shifts, which really helped a lot. I actually pumped, which made that possible. If you are BF then it is a little more difficult, but having a partner that helps out makes a world of difference. I don't know what I would have done if my husband hadn't been so helpful and took a lot of the load of the housework, etc., off of me while they were little.

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

yeah, glad everything is going well. I was a big schedule person. I bf but after teh first couple of weeks always fed them together and would wake the 2nd baby to do that. Give it a little time, it will get better. Glad you ahve some help. The biggest thing I like was in the night after I bf I if they didn't go right back so sleep I would give them to my mom ro sister to put back to sleep so I could sleep until the next feeding time.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations!! :hug: The first few months are hard, but somehow you do it and figure it all out.

7. samantha83

samantha83 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new babies!!!!! Mine are only 12 days old so I am still getting use to it all myself.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :birthday: SWEET BABIES!!!!!!

I know it is hard now but it will get easier!! I breastfed my 2 until they were 28 months - I tried bottles once or twice but they would not take them - I kept my water, snacks, my phone, diapers, wipes and a trash can beside my big chair (my boys called it my nest!LOL) and there I stayed all day. I got nothing done and to be honest with you I don't remember much about many of those days except that I looked forward to company like a kid looking forward to a disney vacation LOL! I may have invited the Fed Ex man in to hold a baby if we had gotten a package LOL!!! Now that my 2 will be 4 in January (WOW!!) I will say that it is really the neatest thing I have ever done - my motto was DO WHAT WORKS, WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS AND THIS MESS WILL BE HERE LATER!! I just did a FET 10 days ago and I am so hoping that both stuck, that is how crazy I went LOL!!

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on your babies!

The beginning is a shock to anybody's system. Are you Breastfeeding? If so, please stop by the Breastfeeding Forum for any questions or problems you might be going through.

The pp's have given great tips- it sounds like you are doing too much right now (I do it too; you aren't alone!) My best advice is to concentrate on 2 things: Everybody gets fed and clean today. After that, if you want to do one thing well (like a load of laundry or a meal) feel free. But feeding and cleanliness comes first.

10. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Congrats!! :babyflips: :babyflips:

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your Twins!! Glad you are getting some help with your sister coming! The first few months can be very sleep deprived! Please take care of yourself!