"My what a lovely cervix you have!"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kdanielleflowers, Oct 13, 2008.

1. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but chuckle today as I received my second compliment on my cervix length. At 24 weeks, it's measuring 5.2 cm so I'm thrilled that the bed rest has been working.

Just thought I'd share my most unusual compliment ever in hopes it would make someone else chuckle too! :blbl:

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

LOL That is funny! No one ever complimented me (or told me how long mine was!)

3. Carols3boysplus2

Carols3boysplus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinsInFL @ Oct 13 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1024720[/snapback]
    I couldn't help but chuckle today as I received my second compliment on my cervix length. At 24 weeks, it's measuring 5.2 cm so I'm thrilled that the bed rest has been working.

Just thought I'd share my most unusual compliment ever in hopes it would make someone else chuckle too! :blbl:

That is sooo funny! :rotflmbo: And you do havea nice cervix, mine is kind of short, just 3.4 from the beginning so I had a cerclage done.

4. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

At this point, you take what you can get. Way to go!! Beautiful Cervix!! :clapping:

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Very funny!!! :rotflmbo:

6. AlisaDelice

AlisaDelice Active Member

OK - so my doctor told me that I had a wonderful cervix and then went as far as to say that if his wife had twins he hoped hers would be as mine is... Kinda weird actually. Anyway I'm pushing 37-weeks (ok, so really I just passed 36 :) and still at over 4cm... So funny you shared your story, I debated whether to share mine then thought it was too weird - glad to know another mom with a lovely cervix!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(EarthMamaof7 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:17 PM) [snapback]1024826[/snapback]
    OK - so my doctor told me that I had a wonderful cervix and then went as far as to say that if his wife had twins he hoped hers would be as mine is... Kinda weird actually. Anyway I'm pushing 37-weeks (ok, so really I just passed 36 :) and still at over 4cm... So funny you shared your story, I debated whether to share mine then thought it was too weird - glad to know another mom with a lovely cervix!

I was 4 cm at 36 and 37 weeks as well, and made it to my scheduled induction with 4 1/2 cm at 38w2d ... I was also told that I have an impressive cervix for holding those 2 almost 8 lbs babies :)!

Oh, yeah and after my first I was told "she never saw somebody heal so nicely (I had 4th degree), it looked like it had never happened ..."!

8. AlisaDelice

AlisaDelice Active Member

We should start a club, lol...

9. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:

10. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Very Funny! I have never been checked so far by my OB. When does this start?

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Active Member

LOL! I've been told I had a beautiful cervix while getting a pap before. I thought it was a strange comment then too. :p

Dr's haven't checked my cervical length this pregnancy at all. Wonder if it's still beautiful? Ha.

12. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

LOL Too funny! :) My DR loves my cervix as well. It was at 5 for quite a while then went down to 3.8 I think then back to 4.7. He's consistently amazed at it since I had preterm labor with my DS and also cryo on my cervix. It does feel strange when they compliment you on your cervix. LOL One of those things normal people would never comment on but I guess that's what they look at through the day. LOL

13. bdhtwins

bdhtwins Active Member

At my Doctor's appt last Friday I was told I had a "Super Cervix" I too couldn't help but chuckle. Oh Mom would be so proud! I measured 5.2 at 30 weeks. The doctor said to just keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. I haven't quite figured out exactly what that is though...

14. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

That is too funny! I too was complimented on my Cervix and my OB tried to explain it by comparing different kinds of carpet! Basically the longer the Cervix you have is like a high quality carpet with a really plush and dense nap to it.

Good luck with everything!

Best,
    Lisa

15. colleenh11

colleenh11 Well-Known Member

LOL, that IS a lovely cervix. Have your cervix give mine a call about how to stay long. Mine is only 2.3.

16. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: What a funny compliment to get. :lol: